US Anti-Al Qaeda Rant

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by geoffrey, Jun 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been emailed this from the USA. Like all Americanisms, some good stuff lost in the "hoo-haa" of it all. What do fellow RRers think?

THIS PRETTY MUCH SUMS UP THE WAY MANY OF US FEEL

The lady that wrote this letter is Pam Foster of Pamela Foster and Associates in Atlanta. She's been in business since 1980 doing interior design and home planning. She recently wrote a letter to a family member serving in Iraq. Read it!

WHAT'S ALL THE FUSS?

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we?

Was it or was it not started by Islamic Extremists who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania? Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?

Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia.

I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling, slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide
    bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college hazing incident, rest assured that I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank that I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and -- you guessed it, I could not have said this any better myself!

If you agree with this view point, pass this on to all your e-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior! If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button.

Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great country, like are happening in France now.

And, if I've offended anyone by sending this on, I apologize. However, I totally agree with this point of view and am always grateful for the freedom to say so!!!!!!

2. Exellent geoffrey,pity no one has the guts to convert it to britain and put it on the front page.

3. I read a similar letter in Canada that started in OZ called "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE" If I find it I will post it!

Think the majority of people are pissed off the way the ethnic minority seem to be ruling the roost and not only that but rubbing our faces in it as well.

4. Would they be the Iraqi terrorists that crashed the plane into the WTC? Oh, wait. No. Because that didn't happen. They weren't Iraqi were they?

A fine sentiment and all, but full of the usual American grandising and inaccurate ravings that characterise not only the uneducated, xenophobic masses of that once great nation, but also their foreign policy.

I may be off the mark here, and I certainly do not condone any terrorist attack ever, but why is everyone surprised that there is insurgency? Why is everyone surprised that US soldiers are being killed (not to mention our own lads and ladettes) when this conflict has been categorised as a 'War on Terror'. If it's a war then isn't 'terror' expected to fight back? That is how the game's played, right? Perhaps if we hadn't put it in the language of war we wouldn't be having one.

It is this rhetoric, recently apologised for by the White House, that has led us to this impossible position and I am frankly am sick of the flag waving mob spouting off about how right we all are simply because it's us doing the saying. It's not about rights, culture or religion or any of that crap. It is about attitude and perception, something we are only just realising and, as such, are having to crawl across broken glass to get China and Russia to agree to support moves against Iran because, Internationally speaking, we are as weak as we were following the Suez crisis.

If the Middle East wants us to stop tramping all over them, they have to show they can play the grown-up games and, if we want regular law abiding muslims to integrate and for extremists of all creeds and religions to stop blowing the metaphorical out of our civilians, let alone our people in uniform, we've got to leave them alone and stop viewing everyone in a hijab as a damned good reason to be half a mile away behind a reinforced door and we have to stop suggesting people feck off out the country if a handful of people in a street in Sheffield aren't happy about christmas decorations. Similarly, when said handful of people aren't happy about them, we have to stop listening to them as well!

*breathes*

I think that's it. :)

5. <sigh> These times do try me.

You're right Geoffrey, some good points mixed in with way too much horsesh*t, uber-nationalistic rhetoric.
    This dim broad ought to realize that for every Koran we kick, every prisoner we abuse, and every unarmed civilian we kill, we're creating more insurgents, and guaranteeing the loss of more American and British lives. This war seems to have taken on a life of its own, become a self-perpetuating monster, feeding upon itself, and growing stronger and more brutal with every drop of blood spilled. And to what end?

As Chalky suggested, I don't recall Iraqis having anything to do with 9/11, and I hope when this is finally over, we will have learned a lesson about imposing our will upon others, but somehow, I doubt that will be the case.

I'll get my coat, now, but before I go, I just want to say one more thing to Chalky about those "Uneducated Xenophobic Masses": Just like in the UK, they're not the majority. Not even close. They just seem to have the loudest voices, and therefore get their names in print, and their pictures on the news. (and unfortunately, elected to office it would seem). Whether you choose to believe this or not; most Americans still believe in keeping the traditions of our free and open society, but we also want to feel secure within our own borders. Remember: we're still newbies at this, and trying to find a balance between freedom and security is a dodgy proposition at best. There will always be divisions and disagreements. (you try getting nearly 300,000,000 people to face in one direction and march in step!).
    One thing that more and more of us are agreeing on is that this war needs to end. The only question is how and when.
    The twit above does NOT speak for us!!

Sorry for the incoherent ramble guys. Late. tired.

6. Well said bootneck yank, nice to see there are some sensible yanks in the world.

7. My apologies BY. That rant was concocted at 2am after a bit too much Stella. I appreciate what you say and agree that they do seem to have the loudest voices. I am happy to see that tide turning in your fair land and submit an apology for my scurilous and sweeping statement on that particular point.

8. Or just ban religon, hey presto, all narrow mindedness abolished.

We can now be free to enjoy this planet.

9. Nicely put Bootneck Yank.
    Geoffrey - try & realise that the sort of muddled, incoherent, semi literate ravings of a xenophobe like this are part of the problem, not a solution.

My country right or wrong ???

10. Whoa there! At no stage did I suggest that I agreed with this, McHammock!!! But rest assured, I shall try my hardest to form an opinion on Islamic extremism and US neo-conservatism very soon, with your wisdom to act as my guidance!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

FWIW, the only paragraph I agree with has the line "... when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling, slashed throat". And that's only because he's been eliminated this afternoon, so he's unlikely to say sorry any time soon.

11. At least al-Zarqawi is dead now, and although we are not supposed to say it, the world is a better pace for it. If people cannot say how they feel then it is a sad sad world. As most can see I earned myself a nice "do not respond" banner for speaking my mind and no one has yet had the balls to tell me why. We could do with less of the "you cannot say that " bridgade full stop. I don't like the finsbury park mutants slagging off my country of birth, but thats life!

12. APPARENTLY, (according to the wonderful Snopes website) the original article was the work of a right wing journalist called Doug Patton, but the aforementioned Pamela Foster did forward it to her nephew. Reading some of Patton's other stuff, he goes on an on in a similar vein about gays, stem cells, abortion, gun rights etc etc. What a surprise.

As an aside - I always wondered why you had the Oxygen thief thing as an Avatar. Who did you p1ss off, Lingyai?

13. No apology is required. No offence was taken. I think we're all on the same page here. Cheers!

14. I'd like to know as well mate, I have pm'd all the people I can think of including good and bad CO, no sensible responses. I have very strong opinions at times so not sure exactly what got the persons knickers in a twist. On the up side though, it's nice to be special... :)

15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I bet yer Mum told you that you were special, and the teachers at the Special School :lol: 8O