URNU and royal navy sports teams

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I've seen URNU students train with or play against regular service sports teams but not play in regular service sports teams at a representative level.

The issue is that whilst classed as level 7 reservists, they have not passed regular/reserve selection elements and are technically honorary status (although no-one likes to use that term).

I've seen URNU students train with or play against regular service sports teams but not play in regular service sports teams at a representative level.

The issue is that whilst classed as level 7 reservists, they have not passed regular/reserve selection elements and are technically honorary status (although no-one likes to use that term).
Would a request to train with be best approached through the URNU or direct to the RN sport contact?

I mate of mine in another URNU represented the Navy at fencing.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Would a request to train with be best approached through the URNU or direct to the RN sport contact?
My guess is contact the relevant sports body.

From what Alf & @maukjf state, it may well be that the precedent has been set if the individual is already playing at national/international level.

The "interesting bit" is they would technically have to be on duty & drawing a wage to be included, so if the URNU has the training days going spare, maybe it can accommodated.

My guess is contact the relevant sports body.

From what Alf & @maukjf state, it may well be that the precedent has been set if the individual is already playing at national/international level.

The "interesting bit" is they would technically have to be on duty & drawing a wage to be included, so if the URNU has the training days going spare, maybe it can accommodated.
indeed they started introducing a Cap on MTDs. When I left the URNU there was talk about introducing a Cap. Given that there's now a officially Cap in the reserves, I'd suspect there's a cap in the URNU.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trehorn Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 43
Reservist-Monkey Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 17
F SCC and URNU 93