URNU and royal navy sports teams

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I've seen URNU students train with or play against regular service sports teams but not play in regular service sports teams at a representative level.

The issue is that whilst classed as level 7 reservists, they have not passed regular/reserve selection elements and are technically honorary status (although no-one likes to use that term).

Badgeman
I've seen URNU students train with or play against regular service sports teams but not play in regular service sports teams at a representative level.

The issue is that whilst classed as level 7 reservists, they have not passed regular/reserve selection elements and are technically honorary status (although no-one likes to use that term).
Would a request to train with be best approached through the URNU or direct to the RN sport contact?

maukjf

Badgeman

I mate of mine in another URNU represented the Navy at fencing.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Would a request to train with be best approached through the URNU or direct to the RN sport contact?
My guess is contact the relevant sports body.

From what Alf & @maukjf state, it may well be that the precedent has been set if the individual is already playing at national/international level.

The "interesting bit" is they would technically have to be on duty & drawing a wage to be included, so if the URNU has the training days going spare, maybe it can accommodated.

maukjf

Badgeman
My guess is contact the relevant sports body.

From what Alf & @maukjf state, it may well be that the precedent has been set if the individual is already playing at national/international level.

The "interesting bit" is they would technically have to be on duty & drawing a wage to be included, so if the URNU has the training days going spare, maybe it can accommodated.
indeed they started introducing a Cap on MTDs. When I left the URNU there was talk about introducing a Cap. Given that there's now a officially Cap in the reserves, I'd suspect there's a cap in the URNU.....