Urine Test !!!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by bruno207, Feb 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Urine test

THIS GUY MAKES A GOOD POINT

This was written by a rig worker in North Sea - he makes a lot of sense!

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get benefits because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their arse drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get benefits? Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.

2. He's taking the piss.

3. Interesting point - I wonder how much it would cost for the number of people taking benifits to visit a nurse to give a urine sample and get it tested for banned substances.

4. Not much I should imagine, there could be a duty nurse in the benefits office on call for urinanalysis as required. The question is how often should a sample be taken and what would be the conseqences of failing it (withold benefits for how long?).