Urine Test

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Pitfirrane, Dec 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their ass drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a welfare cheque?

2. Woops, sorry wrong board, can a Mod move it to a suitable one please?

3. The government would just be accused of taking the piss if they started to introduce testing.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

(Apologies, I can't move the thread unfortunately)

The problem with dope testing claimants is that many will simply claim that they are on tranquilizers, hallucinogenics, carcinogenics, depressants, suppressants, opiates, suppositories etc, simply because they are unemployed and upset.

Additionally, surely it would be morally perverse if those conducting the tests weren't themselves recruited from the ranks of unemployed who are drug users.

5. If everybody driving to work in the morning took a test the roads would be empty. Such joy!!

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Conversely there would be a helluva queue for the heads though.

7. If people want bto take drugs it's up to them. What people do in their spare time is up to them too. Aslong as u don't go in work high as a kite it shouldn't be an issue. It's no different than getting drunk all weekend.

The morons of the world need to realise that not all people who take drugs are like the people off trainspotting.

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No it's not. That's why have the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971... :roll:

9. SPB 1 - 0 Nails

:w00t:

10. Ok I'll rephrase that. It SHOULD be up to them. There's no difference between getting pilled up on a saturday than there is getting drunk on a saturday. As long as it doesn't effect your work it shouldn't bve a problem. Infact pills are better for you than drink. Definately safer anhyway.

I laugh when I hear people who think if you have a bad pill it can kill you. The amount i've had over the years, the amount all my friends have had. The fact that hundreds upon hundreds of pills get consumed in ibiza every night during season and not one death due to them. Compare this to the problems people have with alcohol. It's only ignorance that leads people to believe all drugs are bad.

11. Don't you ever give up? Maybe you should get out more....... :thumright:

12. What? I go out all the time. I just like taking pills and speed when I'm out. Doesn't make me a bad person and it's no worse than people who loike to get drunk.

13. Are you going to continue to take drugs when you are in the Royal Marines?

14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

SHUT THE FUCK UP, COCK KNOCKER!!

15. Oi loike to get drunk too.

16. Y'arp!
    Oi too!
    :)

17. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I can't believe this grade A c**k has STILL got people biting. SGTP you really should know better.

PS- Oi loikes me zider too!

18. Lets just say I wont be getting caught taking drugs ;)

19. You're a smart boy - does your recruitment office know of your prolific drug talking - if not, why not?

20. Nails,

I’ve lived in a quiet Cul de Sac since 1970 and, during that time, we have never had a burglary.

However, during the past fortnight we have experienced two separate break ins by a couple of
    local junkies, trying to steal something presumably to finance their next fix.

So tell me, Nails, how come we get these problems with junkies, but not with drunks?

Jerry