Urgent Re-Take of RT and Fitness

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrismccaff, Jun 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All of my tests are currently out of date, I got a random phone call last week and have been asked to retake my RT and Fitness by the end of this month.

I am applying for steward submariner ive been told that they are starting to look at the recruits for the job selection, but will this phone call bring good news or bad??
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Bad news if you fail the recruiting test or PJFT.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Do I hear a collective sigh of frustration and despair whistling along the corridors of Rum Ration once more?
  4. scrub up on the maths and bits and keep fit, if you fail either one now after passing them previously there is only one person to blame....

Patrick Stewart. No its you.
  5. I got the same thing back in feb, heard from my ca last week for a date, but I don't know what it means for you, I cant really see how you would take that phonecall as bad news! But I wouldn't expect to being going to basic next week! Then again I could be wrong, talk to your ca as they would have a better idea.
  6. I got the same call and a date for next Feb, AET. Good news, they just need to update their files, checking you haven't become demotivated, beer chugging, kebab guzzling slob. If you've done it before you can do it again! Although I heard about someone getting a call for a entry the following month due to drop outs... keep fit, keep sharp... simples :)
  7. Ninja_Stoker

At risk of raising false hopes, it may interest those waiting to join to learn that from the first two terms of this recruiting year (May-Jul, Sept - Dec) over 300 candidates who had passed selection & were waiting a provisional offer of service...turned down the offer when it arose.

The tip is stay fit & ensure any time-expired elements of selection are kept 'in-date'.
  8. Thanks that is interesting to know, why wait all this time and turn down an offer!? So basically just got to keep fit and be prepared to go when the time comes.. :icon_smile:
  9. Ninja quick question please,

I'm expected roughly May next year to get my start dates although i currently have some debt issues which i need to resolve, being that May next year is my due date i know i have plenty of time to fix this however, if i happened to be called up early and i felt i needed a few more months to sort out my problems would or could that jepordize things?

10. Think about that! I think you could easily answer that yourself. Just saying.
  11. Ninja_Stoker

You need security clearance before you can be allocated a start date. If there are unresolved financial issues preventing security clearance, bear in mind start dates are being allocated well in advance. At present entry dates for March 2012 (or thereabouts) are being allocated.
  12. I suggest you contact you Careers Adviser asap. If these issues have arisen since your selection interview and you haven't been security cleared yet - you might not get clearance. If they arose before your interview and you did not declare them on your financial summary or during your interview your CA will take a very dim view of your integrity. Suggest you talk to him.
  13. Ohh sorry i should have said, ive been honest and declared everything before the interview all my debts are controlled and up to date my CA was concerned about it being what it is and asked me to reduce it, im doing all i can to do so which hasnt been enough due to work location and keeping on my flat although ive only just got my work transfer and moving back in with parents at the end of the week rent free woo hoo! So it will get reduced quickly now but i will take on board what you said and call my CA up tomoro just to give him a brief update and ask about my concerns :)
  14. What actually counts as being in debt?
  15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

It means that you owe money
  16. Thank you janner for clearing that up, I thought it was when you were owed money.
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Now try asking the question you meant to ask in the first place

Something like.."What level of debt would cause me problems when trying to join the Royal Navy?"

janner, this weeks stupid question fielder!
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  18. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle! And to be honest I dont really care that much, just bored.
  19. Wow, I had all but given up ever hearing back from the RN but reading this makes me wonder if I might get a phone call :). I applied for Marine Engineering Technician on the subs last September.
  20. Hang in there only a other 6 and half years to go.