Urgent help required

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Holidays4Heroes, Oct 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ex servicemen in the south west lost his home and more importantly adnd tragically his 15 year old daughter in a housefire very recently. Currently staying with friends and coming to terms with the loss of a young one. I don't think I need to say much more.........

No insurance it seems, RBL, SSAFA and Regtl associations aware and doing what they can.

They have nothing, will be rallying round shortly for furniture stuff etc, will post more then.

Cash is whats required in the short term, they need everything.

Ex Rifles (Devon and Dorsets and RAOC)

Paypal: [email protected]

HSBC
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

Holidays4heroes.

2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'll square out some funds over the next couple of days H4H and get them sent.

Keep up the good work.

3. Blackrat

£20 sent. Would have been more, but a bit skint at the mo.

4. You're a class act mate, thanks.

5. Blackrat

Pleasure. Would you keep us pipped as to how it's going please?

6. Will do, as and when I can get updates from MDN mate.

7. Blackrat

Eyethangyew! :D

8. Blackrat

Bump :blob8:

9. BUMP

suprised you didn't bring your ROMFT '' Look at me I'm so controversial '' signiture block with you.

10. The hard work on both these cases starts now in reality.

The initial flash to bang was good and immediate help was forthcoming, this aided us in reacting quicker than any other organisation in both cases, both 400 miles apart with an immediate response and assistance. This is what makes Holidays4heroes successful and what is putting us well and truly on the map instead of being dismissed as 'flybynight'

Both cases need considerable ongoing help. This will become difficult when the limelight fails and the initial scurry fades. I image we'll be involved with both for a good six month or more, taking time, recources and effort from many...... All worth it though, and very much worthwhile.

Many, many thanks and keep up your much valued support.

11. Bump.

Thanks again for the generous donations and support. More cases are coming in by the day and Christmas is just around the corner. If you have a few quid to spare with payday just around the corner, please consider us. :wink:

Thanks again.

12. Much as I admire the laudible H4H aims, any unregistered charity dips out of considerable taxback and must surely run the risk of doubting Thomases (like me - bitten once before) wondering if their unaudited accounts are susceptible to the temptations of creative accounting.

I know you will have made the point before of providing 'rapid response' but please get your team to reconsider their position and I am sure that you will attract more donors like me, AND the TaxBack.

Bob

13. Bob,

It is being reconsidered at the present time. Please in future can you contact us privately with any concerns, these threads are not intended for this kind of discussion. Hols4Heroes is borne out of and primarily supported by the ARRSE and RR communities and is a rapidly growing organisation. These threads are to raise awareness and money, not to question our morals.

The suggestion of creative accountancy can be very damaging, so please limit such things to pm or email.

Edited to add: Stirling, the same goes for you, if you have an issue with any of the Holidays4Heroes team, take it elsewhere, this is not the place.

Thanks for your support.

14. Well said

15. Final point before this thread gets back on track. Charitable status is not the golden hallmark you may perceive it to be. Holding charitable status or not has both it's pros and cons. Nearly all Charities have paid employees and many have also been embroiled in scandal.

Bear in mind that unlike many charities, EVERY penny received by Holidays4Heroes goes toward the cases. All members of Holidays4Heroes work for absolutely nothing, at significant personal cost. There are no wages or benefits personally for what we do other than the feel good factor of helping people out.

Holidays4Heroes is continuously assessing whether charitable status is the way ahead or not.

But now back on topic. More cases come in daily, and we need your support.

16. Holidays4Heroes

Thanks for reply - I repeat laudible cause & I am glad to see that your team are reconsidering.

I will get a PM to you over the weekend.

Bob

17. :cry:

18. Then I suggest you take it out of Lils and put it where it belongs in Charity

=
    Kind of rough and there may be some horrible stuff in here. You have been warned.

19. :roll:

It is in here for a reason. Traffic in here and in the ARRSE Naafi bar are higher than the charity boards, hence more hits. It works perfectly well that way. The nature of this is such that it SHOULD and has in the past meant that it is kept on topic. As stated, Hols4Heroes is borne from and supported by ARRSE and RR so shouldn't be subject to people like you detracting from the point of the thread.

Stirling, there is a message waiting for you on ROMFT.

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE.

20. A weekend BUMP before you all go out shopping and drinking. :wink: