Urgent help required please

This is my first post so I hope it is in the right place.

I am 17 and applied for the RN a few weeks ago. My mum rang today whilst I was at college as I had heard nothing to see what stage my application was. They told her I have my aptitude test at 9am tomorrow morning. I have only just found out about this and the office is now closed.

I have not received any letter about this.

I am happy to go for the test as I have been doing the practice papers. Can anyone advise what the letter would have said?

Do I need to take anything with me? Any instruction on what to wear?

Thanks for any help.

I reckon it would have gone somthing like this,

Get ya ass down here asap for ya aptitude test, :D

Dont worry fella,youve been doing the practice papers so you will do fine,as regards what to wear well just turn up smart and clean,

Ps how olds ya mum, 8)

Lantern Swinger
Best bet is to wear a suit or something smart such as that.

You may need to take your birth cert, passport and educational certs.

Dont worry bout it mate all will be well in the end. :wink:

Lantern Swinger
I can't help, but I am sure Soleil, Ninja_Stoker or Supermario will be along shortly and they will be able to help.

Good luck tomorrow!

Lantern Swinger
Ah Chris, your post only appeared once I had submitted mine, otherwise I would have course added your name to the list of helpful people!
StixJimboRM said:
I reckon the letter would have said something along the lines of:

Dear Mr A P Licant

we are pleased to inform you that you have been selected, from a cast of thousands, to take your aptitude test for the Royal Navy, the best goddam navy in the whole wide world. The reason you have been chosen is that you, like thousands of other young thrusters, visited this office on the **(insert date here)** to begin the long, arduous and sometimes infuriating process of applying to be a rating in her Majesty's finest.

You are required to attend **(insert address of your AFCO here)** at 0830 SHARP on Tuesday 8th September in the year of our Lord 2009, in order to begin the extremely difficult aptitude test at 0900 prompt! Please wear bikini, flip flops, black daysack and a santa hat so that we can distinguish you from the other applicants who will be arriving at the same time as your good self.

If you no longer wish to continue with the recruitment process then please could you call us at your earliest convenience so that we may offer your place to a more upstanding citizen than your own sorry self. if you do wish to continue with the process then, bravo!! you are obviously a citizen with the right credentials to sail the seven seas and clean things in some of the most exotic places on God's Holy Earth.

We look forward to meeting you on the 8th of September. If you have any further questions then please feel free to visit http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewforum/f=24.html where the most ridiculous questions that you could ever think of will be answered in a professional and un-condiscending way.

With all our love,

the **(insert your town here)** AFCO team

x x x x x

and if it wasn't like that, well then I think the AFCOs are doing things wrong!!!

Ferkin brill SJRM :D :D

Lantern Swinger
I'm booked into my mine for a fortnight. You need to take:
NI Card
All education paperwork (GCSE/NVQs Certificates)
Birth Certificate
National Health Card
Best of luck.
AngryMonkey said:
I'm booked into my mine for a fortnight. You need to take:
NI Card
All education paperwork (GCSE/NVQs Certificates)
Birth Certificate
National Health Card
Best of luck.
When I went to mine, a couple of lads didn't have one or two things for some reason or another. Lost it, had the wrong thing in the case of the medical card and I didn't have my passport. We are all told to bring it to the interview.

I wore a suit.

War Hero
Worryingly, StixJimbo appears to have pinched my letter template. :cry:

All good advice above (mainly). Take at least photo ID, preferably everything listed above, & if you haven't received a letter & haven't had a go of the practice test booklet, just cancel- before the test, not after as a fail is a 12 month delay whereas you can simply delay the test by a few weeks.

Best of luck