Urgent help required please

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rnash, Sep 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello,

This is my first post so I hope it is in the right place.

I am 17 and applied for the RN a few weeks ago. My mum rang today whilst I was at college as I had heard nothing to see what stage my application was. They told her I have my aptitude test at 9am tomorrow morning. I have only just found out about this and the office is now closed.

I have not received any letter about this.

I am happy to go for the test as I have been doing the practice papers. Can anyone advise what the letter would have said?

Do I need to take anything with me? Any instruction on what to wear?

Thanks for any help.

Ash.

2. I reckon it would have gone somthing like this,

Get ya ass down here asap for ya aptitude test, :D

Dont worry fella,youve been doing the practice papers so you will do fine,as regards what to wear well just turn up smart and clean,

Ps how olds ya mum, 8)

3. Best bet is to wear a suit or something smart such as that.

You may need to take your birth cert, passport and educational certs.

Dont worry bout it mate all will be well in the end. :wink:

4. I can't help, but I am sure Soleil, Ninja_Stoker or Supermario will be along shortly and they will be able to help.

Good luck tomorrow!

5. Ive just helped the lad havnt i :wink:

6. Ah Chris, your post only appeared once I had submitted mine, otherwise I would have course added your name to the list of helpful people!

7. Ferkin brill SJRM :D :D

8. I'm booked into my mine for a fortnight. You need to take:
    Passport
    NI Card
    All education paperwork (GCSE/NVQs Certificates)
    Birth Certificate
    National Health Card
    Best of luck.

9. When I went to mine, a couple of lads didn't have one or two things for some reason or another. Lost it, had the wrong thing in the case of the medical card and I didn't have my passport. We are all told to bring it to the interview.

I wore a suit.

10. Thanks for your replies. Some of you have had me in stitches! :D

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Worryingly, StixJimbo appears to have pinched my letter template. :cry:

All good advice above (mainly). Take at least photo ID, preferably everything listed above, & if you haven't received a letter & haven't had a go of the practice test booklet, just cancel- before the test, not after as a fail is a 12 month delay whereas you can simply delay the test by a few weeks.

Best of luck