Upper Yardman

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Chalky, Jan 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone give me some advice/information on how best to approach the Upper Yardman process for Warfare Officer (Submariner)?

Minimum entry requirements, timescales, that sort of thing. It's something I want to consider in my career, but I'm finding solid information hard to come by!

2. have a chat with your DO. Let him know that you are interested in going that route and he should be able to steer you in the direction of appropiate br's etc. He should also then be able to steer you in the direction of appropriate hoops to jump through and also to start getting your papers raised.

3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

See BR1992, BR1066, BR8758 all have sections about UY and I think all are available on line on the service intranet, start with BR1992 it will direct you through the rest.

4. At least 4 GCSEs at C grade and above, although you can start the process with only 2 GCSE's as long as you have the 4 by the time you are finally selected.

Prior to selection you will need to have completed a Bridge Watchkeeping competancy certificate and a couple of other things, i cant remember them all.

I have qualified as a SCOOW, at the moment and am studying the ROR, Navigation and learning as much off of my Watch Leader as possible.

BR 8758 ch 11 is your friend :)