UPO thread

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by SJRM_RN, Jun 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any chance of a 'UPO' section on here, much like the 'RHQ / Pay' thread on ARRSE?

This way people could ask about pay/allowances etc problems or ask for advice on these kinds of things in a specific section

Its just a thought
  2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Not a bad idea actually.
  3. It's a nice idea but I think there is a general apathy towards this kind of thing on RR. The site membership is predominantly ex-RN and prospective joiners. Would be good to have though.
  4. Sorry for the delay - good idea and now done
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Without dismissing the work of the CO to create the requested thread, but I would much rather be obtaining advice about pay/allowances/etc., from my own UPO or JPAC, rather than getting potentially duff info here... there are not not many serving personnel who are so isolated that they have no contact with their Adminstrator/UPO at all, either in person or via phone/email.
  6. Anyhow...

7. Thats not nice.

Its Wednesday, its closed for a sports make and mend
  8. Self-depricating scouse :) .
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No need for M&Ms anymore - everything's one-for-one these days... :wink:
  10. I think there is always room for discussion of a topic. Noone thinks that we can replace the actual UPO, but "should we get an allowance for...." is just one example of a conversation that would be very short if held directly with the UPO. "Maybe... next!".