Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated Pre-AIB interview Info (OFFICER/PILOT)

Magda

War Hero
Book Reviewer
:pissedoff: FGS - You were re-directed here by the fragrant Magda to READ it and STUDY it, not to scribble all over it :roll:

Cut along and see to it now, your clock is ticking away......

Fragrant, am I, Bob?! How kind. :toothy3:

I think you're overdue one of these, I haven't been topping you up: :blowkiss:

dyst0piate

Lantern Swinger
I passed my sift the other day, it went really well, although it was shorter and less in depth as I expected. The only naval knowledge questions asked were about the roles of a carrier, destroyer, and frigate, and I even had to pad the answer out with detail about weapons/radar etc. I was also asked what Marine formations were in Afghan, and who the First Sea Lord was. The only question I couldn't answer was who was the Chief of Defence Staff, so I'd advise learning about the command structure of the Armed Forces in a wider scope.

No current ops, map, picture identifcation :S no RFA, FFA. Still, all the info I revised can be used for AIB. Most of the emphasis was on leadership skills, so it seems they're stressing this importance more than anything at the moment. The Lieutenant managed to fill 1-2 A4 sides with what I mentioned, and said some people cannot provide that much at all.

In general I recieved quite positive feedback and was told to expect AIB around July/August, and could potentially have a September start with a high AIB pass. I took my RT last October, so if all goes well, it would have taken a nice tidy year. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Good effort, a good insight.

For me, if someone else was selected ahead of me because they were better prepared, one would always wonder whether it would have maybe been wiser to pass on the benefit of my own selection experience to those that follow after being allocated an entry date :scratch:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New and updated guidance for businesses regarding the end of the EU Transition Period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated rules for farm workers arriving in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Interactive GCSE and A level data visualisations updated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA launches consultation on updated merger guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Clinically extremely vulnerable receive updated guidance in line with new national restrictions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated G20 Action Plan to support the global economy through Covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Clinically extremely vulnerable receive updated advice tailored to local COVID alert levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government publishes updated GB-EU Border Operating Model MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vocational driver conduct statutory document updated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: HPCDS guidance updated as courts restart work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Derailment and fire involving a tanker train at Llangennech - updated 21/09/2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: updated Crown Court fee guidance and new claim forms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated guidance for universities ahead of reopening MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Passenger train derailment near Carmont – updated 21/08/2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: CWA codes updated after telephone gateway’s removal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: updated contract schedules from 1 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated plans for A428 Black Cat and Caxton Gibbet upgrade go on show MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated Outsourcing Playbook MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A statement on our updated guidance for private candidates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guidance updated to support the safe management of funerals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 6/2020: coronavirus response and updated guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Changes to the law in Northern Ireland: updated information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Chancellor Rishi Sunak provides an updated statement on coronavirus. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: Updated Contact Centre opening times MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated data protection impact assessment template and guidance launched MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government publishes updated COVID-19 industry guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 16 out of 22 Rosewell recommendations implemented as Planning Inspectorate publishes updated Action Plan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated statement on coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated media guidance will ensure easier access to court information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Circular 017/2018: Updated Home Office guidance on police misconduct MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Maritime minister undertakes future of shipping industry tour, as ports cyber security guidance is updated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency announces updated plans for York flood scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on updated travel advice for Iran MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on updated travel advice. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: updated guidance on removable media available MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Temporary tariff regime updated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Planning Inspectorate publish an updated Inquiries Review Action Plan following Bridget Rosewell’s recent visit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated guidance on the movement of equines in a no deal scenario MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The VMD will launch an updated online special import application form on 7 October 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated flood maps mean Salisbury is better prepared MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated plans for A27 Arundel bypass go on show MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterinary medicines: National authorisation application timetables from 1 April - updated 15 August 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: Updated contracts from 1 September 2019 now available MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Safety Recommendation documents updated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Threat level system updated to include all forms of terrorism MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed forces champion for London announced as updated Veterans’ housing report published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Updated plans for Stockbury roundabout transformation revealed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Travel advice to Sri Lanka updated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Updated announcement from Dr Gillian Fairfield, DBS Chairman MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government response: Government response to updated energy price cap level MoD News 0