UPDATE On RAN Clearance Diver

Discussion in 'International' started by The_Jimmy, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MSPA 051/09 Wednesday, 18 February 2009

‘I will today have my right leg amputated. The past week has been quite an overwhelming experience and without certain people I definitely wouldn't be alive today.

I'd like to thank a couple of heroes: Leading Seaman Clearance Diver Jeremy Thomas, Able Seaman Clearance Diver Ryan Dart and Seaman Clearance Diver Arthur Mc Lachlin, my colleagues and good mates who pulled me out of the water and saved me from what I understand was a three metre Bull Shark.

I'd also like to thank the paramedics who got me to the hospital within an inch of my life, and finally I must express my deepest gratitude to the fantastic doctors and staff at St Vincent's Emergency, ICU, and Navy Ward.

My family, friends, and workmates have shown me limitless support over the past week and during this stressful time, they are keeping a smile on my face and love in my heart.

I'm looking forward to rebuilding my life and taking on the new challenges I have to face. Ultimately I would like to return to what I love - Navy diving.

Throughout this trauma the Royal Australian Navy has provided myself and my family with the necessities required for travel, support and a foundation on which I can plan for the future.

There are so many people who have sent their best wishes and support that I couldn't possibly name them all, but each of them have helped me to rise above this potentially life shattering situation and I thank them all.’
  2. I always knew there was a reason not to become a diver. That said it sounds like he's in good hands and recovering well. Keep it up deeps!!