Update Interview

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by deano_navy, Mar 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it standard procedure to get all candidates waiting for an entry date to come back in for a 6 month update interview? The reason I am asking is that I have seen a few people talking about there update interviews 6 months on, but in my case I have not been asked to come in for one. I passed my RT in April 10 but completed the whole process June 10.
  2. Do what they all tell me, ring your CA :D Although when i spoke to my CA recently he mentioned that im due 1 in April, I passed my RT May 2010. I wouldnt worry about it though they will call in due time.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You need to have undertaken a Selection Interview or update interview within 6 months of joining.

After the interview, the Post Interview caution advises that applicants must inform their AFCO of any changes of circumstances, such as new mobile number, change of address, change of wife/partner/gender, police involvement, financial circumstances, new job, lost job, injuries, medical conditions, etc., etc.

Someone waiting 4 years for an entry date could arguably be interviwed 8 times, ie: every 6 months, which is mutually questionable with regard value for money, so we employ a degree of common-sense.

If you have an update interview, unless advised otherwise, it does not mean you're joining in 6 months, it just means that we wish to update & check your details - just in case the individual has forgotten to update us as requested.
  4. Deano, I had my update interview over the phone about 8 months ago, since then I have had to redo various tests so haven't really thought about it to much. I think I only redid mine because my careers officer changed. I wouldn'y worry about it they'll get in touch if they need to.
  5. It will be over the phone usually. They will run through most of the questions asked in your interview with a less formal manner, just a catch up really.
  6. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.