Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update.....AET

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Hi All,

Just a quick update, so my interview went well and I passed. Now my medical was booked in for Friday, however the Dr has had to cancel due to a bereavement (can't be helped).

I phoned Capita as this is my 3rd medical appointment cancelled and re scheduled since September! I spoke to my AFCO who were also disappointed.

Anyway - long story short, I know have my medical on Monday morning 8am sharp!! Happy with that!!

Anyone else had issues with Capita?? From what I was told they seem to be falling way short than they should be with number of Drs etc

Anyway, happy for now, fingers cross I can book my tradmill run for next week.....then it's a case of waiting.

I was also told at interview the normal waiting is 9-12 months for AET at the moment from passing the recruit tests. So I would be looking at June time (ish) for a start date...however I have completed my security clearance stuff now rather than after my medical and run so my CPO can start bidding for places for me as soon as I pass my run and the clearance comes back.

Twids

Badgeman
Just gonna copy and paste from another thread where I mentioned Capita, nobody who works there seems to have a clue what's going on:

"I had a lot of trouble getting Capita, my GP and the RN to sort things out between them when I was doing my medical stuff. Turned out the GP never sent the report they were meant to until I chased them up about it almost 2 weeks after they claimed they sent it, but of course the RN couldn't do anything until Capita gave them the nod.

I'd recommended constantly calling people who are bottle necking the process and being a thorn in their side. You basically have to babysit your application through the Capita/GP wasteland to get it back to the RN. Keep calling, keep asking where things are. They'll get it done if you stay on their back."

So if you run into issues with Capita, don't panic. It's fairly common

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Just gonna copy and paste from another thread where I mentioned Capita, nobody who works there seems to have a clue what's going on:

"I had a lot of trouble getting Capita, my GP and the RN to sort things out between them when I was doing my medical stuff. Turned out the GP never sent the report they were meant to until I chased them up about it almost 2 weeks after they claimed they sent it, but of course the RN couldn't do anything until Capita gave them the nod.

I'd recommended constantly calling people who are bottle necking the process and being a thorn in their side. You basically have to babysit your application through the Capita/GP wasteland to get it back to the RN. Keep calling, keep asking where things are. They'll get it done if you stay on their back."

So if you run into issues with Capita, don't panic. It's fairly common

Yes I have done this. My reports went back quite fast to be honest. But booking a medical and keeping the appointment has been a nightmare. AFCO hands are tied. Hopefully after Monday it will all be done with Capita :)

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Any progress with your application Shinson?

Hi LeadPencil.

Ok, so since this post.

I had my medical, was told I passed, received a phonecall from the AFCO about a week later advising I was 'fit' but also referred to Navy Command. This could take 3 months to get a decision.

I chased Capita for a reason, they emailed the Dr as he hadn't included them in anything other than my report so they were unaware. Three weeks after my medical a supervisor called me and advised was indeed 'fit to serve' and (now this is the best bit) the Dr had simply ticked the wrong box and I wasn't referred at all!!

I have just passed my PJFT which I took on Thursday 19th, and have now been given a Entry date of 26th March. Still awaiting confirmation date for my PRNC however I have been told to expect it to be within 2-3 weeks!

So, all Go Go Go for me at the moment.

Twids

Badgeman
Hi LeadPencil.

Ok, so since this post.

I had my medical, was told I passed, received a phonecall from the AFCO about a week later advising I was 'fit' but also referred to Navy Command. This could take 3 months to get a decision.

I chased Capita for a reason, they emailed the Dr as he hadn't included them in anything other than my report so they were unaware. Three weeks after my medical a supervisor called me and advised was indeed 'fit to serve' and (now this is the best bit) the Dr had simply ticked the wrong box and I wasn't referred at all!!

I have just passed my PJFT which I took on Thursday 19th, and have now been given a Entry date of 26th March. Still awaiting confirmation date for my PRNC however I have been told to expect it to be within 2-3 weeks!

So, all Go Go Go for me at the moment.
Excellent news then!

LeadPencil

Badgeman
Great news mate!

I'm also going for AET. Capita requested information from my doctors and that will be reviewed on Tuesday.

I find out at the end of next week if I can go to full medical or not.

Fingers and toes are crossed.

Congratulations to you.

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Great news mate!

I'm also going for AET. Capita requested information from my doctors and that will be reviewed on Tuesday.

I find out at the end of next week if I can go to full medical or not.

Fingers and toes are crossed.

Congratulations to you.

How did you get on Lead?

I have my PRNC date - 20th March

LeadPencil

Badgeman
How did you get on Lead?

I have my PRNC date - 20th March

20th March!! I bet you can't wait can you?

I don't know mate, Capita have reviewed the documents they requested from my GP today.

I won't find out until the end of the week If I can proceed to full medical...

shinson

Lantern Swinger
20th March!! I bet you can't wait can you?

I don't know mate, Capita have reviewed the documents they requested from my GP today.

I won't find out until the end of the week If I can proceed to full medical...

Ah ok, best of luck mate!!

I am yes. Abit nervous excited and everything inbetween.

LeadPencil

Badgeman
Thanks. I'm nervous too, I hope I get the outcome I want as I've put so much into getting this far.

I wish I was you mate! 20th March. It'll come round so quick.

What are you going in as?

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
They try and make PRNC as close to Raleigh as possible. Make sure your phys is up to scratch. I've just come back from mine, and there were elements that were tough. It was still damn good fun though. It's amazing how quickly a group of strangers pull together to become a team in 3 days!

If you're struggling with sit ups and press ups, make sure you work on them. You will do a lot. Particularly on the swim test day!

My advice would be help each other out as much as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeadPencil

Badgeman
They try and make PRNC as close to Raleigh as possible. Make sure your phys is up to scratch. I've just come back from mine, and there were elements that were tough. It was still damn good fun though. It's amazing how quickly a group of strangers pull together to become a team in 3 days!

If you're struggling with sit ups and press ups, make sure you work on them. You will do a lot. Particularly on the swim test day!

Thanks for the information/advice Tigerpaw.

Good luck in your Naval career.

shinson

Lantern Swinger

Cheers Tiger! I've been concentrating on all sorts of my phys training. 24 months it's taken to drop from 250lbs down to 170.

I've got 6-7 weeks to concentrate on specifics now. I have been working on week 8 of the pre fitness programme for a while now as well as training in a boot camp type environment (kettlebells, tyre flips etc etc) so I will concentrate on working on my pressups etc from now on.

I've heard the swimming circuit is brutal like. Can't wait haha

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS CMA COVID-19 update: £203m in refunds for Virgin Holidays customers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local COVID alert level update: Coventry, Slough and Stoke-on-Trent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 21 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local COVID alert level update for South Yorkshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local Covid Alert Level update for Greater Manchester MoD News 0
MoD_RSS EU Exit: Update on negotiations and the work of the Joint Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local COVID alert level update for Lancashire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rail update: 16 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local COVID-19 alert level update: 15 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus update on areas in local COVID alert levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 14 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: Update to Contact Centre opening hours MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Macclesfield Town FC: Official Receiver’s update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Negotiations on the UK’s Future Trading Relationship with the Australia: Update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMCTS response and progress update on Dr Natalie Byrom report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 7 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HS2 Phase 2b update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus update on testing and treatments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl releases free Baleen 3 data processing update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Schools and early education inspection update: academic year 2020 to 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 30 September 2020 MoD News 0
T Update and Questions RFA 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 23 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Negotiations on the UK’s Future Trading Relationship with the US: Update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rail update: Emergency Recovery Measures Agreements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Emergency support instrument update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on Investigation into LCF – August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 16 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on new social distancing rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 9 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 2 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 311, August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Performance update: HMRC’s response to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 26 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on face coverings in schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A Grenfell Community Update about the next phase of discussions about Grenfell Tower and the future memorial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 19 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on the implementation of the loan charge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 12 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Negotiations on the UK’s Future Trading Relationship with the US: Update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS EU Settlement Scheme: update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on Randox test kits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 5 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel Update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS End to maintenance schedule relaxation and extended temporary bus schedules included in traffic commissioner COVID-19 advice update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 29 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Negotiations on the UK’s future trading relationship with New Zealand: Update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Her Majesty's Passport Office update on passport applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update: travel corridors MoD News 0