Upcoming AIB for TMO

Hello Everyone!
I have an upcoming AIB and have applied for the role of a Training Management Officer.
I just had a couple of questions if anyone can help out.
I've been lead to believe that the Pre-planning exercise is the most difficult part of the AIB and would therefore need more attention than other areas and that the interview is not as intensive on knowledge of the Navy as it once was. Just wondering if someone could confirm this who has recently been to an AIB or share me their side of it?
In addition to this I am aware that the percentage of the number of applicants for TMO's who make it to phase 1 has dropped over the years and was wondering if this role is as over-applied as a warfare officer role.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated cheers!

baldie

Midshipman
I've been lead to believe that the Pre-planning exercise is the most difficult part of the AIB and would therefore need more attention than other areas and that the interview is not as intensive on knowledge of the Navy as it once was. Just wondering if someone could confirm this who has recently been to an AIB or share me their side of it?
At my AIB/from other people in my intake, I can tell you the interview is a lot less based on Naval Knowledge that it used to be. However, it is pretty intensive in terms of personal qualities so make sure to think about examples of moral courage, teamwork etc before you go.

I regards to the difficulties of each section, I personally found the PLT hardest, I would say this depends on your strengths so just prepare what you can. There is lots of practice SDT questions and Planex's online that would set you in a good stead for the Planning exercise.

I hope this helps but if you have any more questions, feel free to message me! (I start BRNC next week so I hope I'll have the answers)

Maran?4

Midshipman
I recently sat it and I found the planning exercises the hardest. Everything is just time management. The question round is what made me crumble and it was just embarrassing . Just know your SDT and learn how to remember pieces of information in a short period of time.
If you’ve got any questions send me a message (I did fail it but I’m happy to help)

Anchor Faced

Lantern Swinger
A speed distance time app, use it daily.

Have a search, I dumped a load of PlanEx into one of these threads a while ago (approx a year).

PLT, loud, calm and confident (without being a tool).