Unsure of whether to join the Army or Navy

Spaghetti

Hi all,

I'm finishing my A-Levels and looking at joining either the Army or Navy upon finishing at the end of June next year. My original idea of role was being part of the police sector for either, as that was my initial idea of a civi job. I've taken the initial steps in joining both but the navy didn't give me anywhere near as much information as the army, and so I was hoping for some help on deciding which path I should take. Some answers to questions I have would be very helpful if anyone could help please:

-How much time is spent at sea as a RNP
-Whats the life like outside of working life in RNP
-Whats living accommodation like for RNP
-What are day to day roles for the RNP

Whenever I've been to the careers office they've never really answered my questions, and so any help would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance.

ShakeyJakey

Midshipman
Hi all,

I'm finishing my A-Levels and looking at joining either the Army or Navy upon finishing at the end of June next year. My original idea of role was being part of the police sector for either, as that was my initial idea of a civi job. I've taken the initial steps in joining both but the navy didn't give me anywhere near as much information as the army, and so I was hoping for some help on deciding which path I should take. Some answers to questions I have would be very helpful if anyone could help please:

-How much time is spent at sea as a RNP
-Whats the life like outside of working life in RNP
-Whats living accommodation like for RNP
-What are day to day roles for the RNP

Whenever I've been to the careers office they've never really answered my questions, and so any help would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance.
If you choose army and become royal military police it's instant promotion to lance corporal after your training.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
You need to ask?

Watch the two documentaries about the Army that are running at the moment, then go to YouTube and find a couple of the RN ones.

Anyway, it will not matter a jot, as everyone will hate you anyway, even the other people in your branch.