Unsure of Job role

Good evening,
I'm new here, but I have a question about recruitment. I chose the job role of ET ME (sub) but am worried that it may not be the right role for me. I hear from others that submariners (when deployed) may not travel a lot which is part of the reason I'm joining. I have had my RT and my f2f medical is in the coming days, but not had my interview yet. Just wondering if anyone's been in the same boat and if it's possible to have flexibility with the applied for role at this stage? Thanks heaps in advance.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
On an SSN you won't get as many foreign runs ashore as your surface counterpart but they are better in as much you stay in hotels and get subsistance. I've stayed in hotels from Norway to Kenya and all points inbetween so there is plenty of travel.

If you get bombers though you might be lucky and get a states visit. As an ME you can switch between SSN and SSBN.

Talk to the AFCO, it's not too late to change to GS, may take longer to get in though and you can't switch once you get to Raleigh.

On an SSN you won't get as many foreign runs ashore as your surface counterpart but they are better in as much you stay in hotels and get subsistance. I've stayed in hotels from Norway to Kenya and all points inbetween so there is plenty of travel.

If you get bombers though you might be lucky and get a states visit. As an ME you can switch between SSN and SSBN.

Talk to the AFCO, it's not too late to change to GS, may take longer to get in though and you can't switch once you get to Raleigh.
The crabs of the RN :)

Subzero

Plus, as a submariner you'll have more money to afford better holidays on leave periods

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk