University etc

[quote="Ninja_Stoker]

I think the RN is in the top 7 of UK graduate employers or thereabouts so we also attract a lot of unsuiatable candidates who are motivated purely by the headline salary.[/quote]

Not even in the top 100 of the Times list. Depressing really, but possibly a fair reflection of the RN's perceived role in Afg and Iq......

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
alfred_the_great said:
[quote="Ninja_Stoker]

I think the RN is in the top 7 of UK graduate employers or thereabouts so we also attract a lot of unsuiatable candidates who are motivated purely by the headline salary.

Not even in the top 100 of the Times list. Depressing really, but possibly a fair reflection of the RN's perceived role in Afg and Iq......[/quote]

The Top 7, so I'm informed, is regards wage rather than popularity in the 'tabloid' press. :lol:

Then again, maybe I was misinformed by one of the graduates.

cadetsmum

Lantern Swinger
Ninja_Stoker said:
It would be rather naive for us to believe recruiters don't make mistakes, however what often happens is the applicant may on occasion suffer selective hearing.

Generally we will say something like: "If you don't pass AIB but come back at a later stage, it will at least demonstrate you are motivated"

...but what is heard is something like:

"You won't pass AIB, but come back at a later stage & it will demonstrate you are motivated"

N_S : you're probably right, lol.

I know it did knock Junior a little as he had had a fantastic fortnight with the RN flying but a little chat has got him notivated yet again.

What I would say to the OP is that if you get a chance go on a acquaintance course - Junior had his heart set on being a pilot but is now waivering between that and an observer.

IB08

Lantern Swinger
Sentenashi, I would strongly advise you have a job/backup plan lined up, particularly as I believe that you failed your first filter/sift interview.

slim

War Hero
IB08 said:
Sentenashi, I would strongly advise you have a job/backup plan lined up, particularly as I believe that you failed your first filter/sift interview.

He has a plan.
Going for occifer steward so that he can still go in the wardroom :p

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
alfred_the_great said:
N_S; I didn't realise you were talking wages. In that case, more than likely!

That's what I was told, but can honestly say I haven't seen it in any official publication.

Most 21 year-old non-vocational graduates would probably agree £29,006 is a good starting wage, but then again there will probably be other large UK employers that offer better.

Not immediately, however the big bucks for Law, Management Consultancy and Investment Banking come after 18 - 24 months, once you have passed their initial training period. A bit like CFT/SFT I suppose..... :D