United States Army Air Forces

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by dexia05, Jul 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The United States military Army Air Forces (USAAF) was the aviation component of the United States Army primarily during World War II. The title of Army Air Forces succeeded the prior name of Army Air Corps in June 1941 during preparation for expected combat in what came to be known as World War II. Although countries such as ally Great Britain had a separate Air Force, the Army Air Forces were part of the US Army and a direct precursor to the U.S. Air Force. The USAAF formally existed between 1941 and 1947 as an autonomous part of the U.S. Army, co-equal to the Army Ground Forces and Army Service Forces.
    full article here:

2. Thanks for that mate, did you post the one about the Navy (a Wiki cut and paste) on Arrse? If it was you go and troll somewhere else.

3. Thanks!

I just share this article as I found it useful to this forum!

4. There are two A10's here at Yeovilton Air Day. I considered getting a youth to ask the aircrew what "blue on blue" meant......

5. Useful how exactly? The USAAF became the USAF over 50 years ago and as far as I know FAA and USAAF had very little to do with each other, of course I'm prepared to stand corrected, perhaps you have some information that could enlighten us.
    NZB

6. If you do tell us the story!

7. Oh No, It`s not Norman is it?

8. why???? your balls not big enough

9. my what an interesting bit of info NOT!

and why would you think FAA members would be interested in this???