Uniform To Work Day - Wednesday 27 June 2012

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by soleil, Jun 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. **********

UniformDay.jpg

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

In the spirit of unity, does this mean that those not in the Reserves can wear civilian clobber tomorrow?

• Like Like x 4
  3. That 2 1/2 looks like a bag 'o' shite in his civvies

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Pot, kettle, over.

5. How very dare you Janner, I'm the mutts nuts in civvies as you well know. Even the smurf's were impressed.

6. janner

To be honest mate, I had a job to pick you out from the Smerfs.

We any further forward with a venue for the meet on the 4th August?

7. I'm going to have to get me a uniform like that, its taken about 20lbs off his gut.

8. Janner, not that I'm aware of for 4th, I thought the choice of Crownhill RBL or the Weston Mill social centre were the choices Weston Mill is probably easier if the social club is staying open as you'll already be there.

9. I'd go for the weston mill social centre, its got disabled access and the music isnt too loud.

10. janner

This is a worry as I thought you were ringing up to check. We are at the Quality Hotel this year which I think is somewhere near the Hoe end. Weston Mill is OK prices are good beer wise and providing they have no objections shall we make it there? We will have to go out and find somewhere to eat early on. If you could contact Weston Mill and confirm I'll start an RR reunion thread

11. I'll give them a bell.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If a Reservist wears their uniform to work today, will they get a medal for it?

I'm sure some will give that suggestion more though than is actually necessary... :oops:

13. No more medals pleeeease!

It cost me a bloody fortune getting them mounted and re-mounted everytime. Especially since I have three sets, one for my PJ's, one for my gimp suit and the other for my one's - not that I wear the latter that often.

I also sound like a bloody sheepdog when I walk down to the shop for a paper with em pinned to my tracksuit.:laughing5:

14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Admirable though the campaign is (and I accept that many Reservists don't wear their kit as often as full-time Service personnel) but the standards of dress and bearing of some of those in the photos is shocking! Admittedly the SCC don't award as many medals, but at least they can turn out with a bit more 'spit & polish' than some of our photogenic colleagues..! :shock:

15. Never having been awarded any bling, could some one tell me what the medals are that, chubby front left is wearing

16. Edited: Jim got there first

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Go on, I'll bite.

Having googled the internet for all of three seconds I managed to find several photos of full timers looking less than perfect in several different rigs. I thought about posting a few examples but they're there for all to see of anyone really cares.

sgtpepperband, I don't see anything drastically wrong with the people in the photos. They may have falen out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down but all this "let's find another way to criticise the RNR" is getting sooooo boring.
    Have a day off. Go and pick some flowers and imagine how boring life would be if we were all as perfect as you. You'd have nothing to do all day.

18. This may be true as my work software security features will not allow me to see Phot's so they must be ugly? or it's worried they may infect my computer?