Uniform Changes????

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by ET(WE)Sutton, Nov 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rite....

Is The Navy Looking To Change Its Uniform As They Seem To Be Changing Everything Else..

I Heard About This Along Time Ago, But Never Heard Or Seen Anything Else About It..

Any One Know Anything Of It..

2. Havent heard anything about the uniform changing, but a lot of branch badges are with the implementation of PCP.

What sort of change had you heard about? As it had small changes regularly for as long as I can remember, whether it be badge design and colours, No1s for females, foulies or just change in design due to change in contract.

People shouldn't be afraid of change, its evolution, not a revolution!! :wink:

3. No, all that has changed, as Dixie has said, are the branch badges with the introduction of the new branches.

There are the occasional alterations such as foulie jackets, AWD etc, but the basic uniform is still the same.

4. No 4's were recently changed to a new design but it was so bad they reverted to the old design very quickly.

5. no i heard they were changin the colour... but it was a while ago.....

6. They have, half the fleet seem to be wearing DPM!

7. Many years ago there was talk of having a tri service uniform. Each service would then be distinguished by cap badge, arm badge, lapel badge etc. The reasons given were that they were looking for savings (no surprise there) and that having one standard service uniform would save money. Suspect it was one of those "good ideas" that occasionally crop up and nothing became of it.

Regards

8. Many years ago there was talk of having a tri service uniform. Each service would then be distinguished by cap badge, arm badge, lapel badge etc. The reasons given were that they were looking for savings (no surprise there) and that having one standard service uniform would save money. Suspect it was one of those "good ideas" that occasionally crop up and nothing became of it.

Regards

9. wats DMP.... am so thick all these sortening i have no idea wat they are haha...

y are they always lookin to save money.... wen we are like the premier forces in the world, most dedicated...

i know the usa just burn money but there training is shite...

10. The Canadians went through this idiot-type evolution in the 70s. They all took on the appearance of Southdown bus conductors; but lacking their smartness.

As ever, the bean counters do not grasp the pride woven into a uniform. During my time with BFFI, my office was next-door to SCAF. I remember well the constant binds from the Crabs over having to wear OG or, worse still, DPM (Theatre Rig). The girls were the loudest. A lovely little SAC reckoned that she joined the Air Force because she liked the uniform and objected to looking like a Pongo Pixie.

11. Cant see how knicks and flip flops would be too expensive????

12. i just think that its terrible the way the country is run..

they cut back on the things that they shouldnt.. and invest money into stupid things wen the shouldnt....

it makes no sense...

13. Pooley is you tick or did your mamma take your brain before you joined up. Britain has always been short of mullah when it came to the services especially the Navy. When i was a kid in the Navy i was told by my messmates that i had to vote tory, because you got a better pay rise (true) that was the type of education you got in my day. Moving on, I'm pleased to say i was invited to HMs garden party last year were i got talking to an old jossman, and i remarked that i was glad to see they hadn't messed about with our regulating badge. As he understood it all badges would revert to original within 24 months. Now ,how many changes there have been since my time i do nor know but you can expect change,and Pooley get rid of the txt speak or else.

14. Some useless information for you - 100 years ago, 25% of British tax revenue was spent on the Royal Navy.
    Now it's less than 1%

15. Yeah but the fleet was slightly bigger then wasnt it?I wonder how it stacked up in relative terms?

16. Uh, the fleet was bigger because we spent more on it.

Don't give Gordon ideas... by slashing the Fleet by 75% we can halve the RN budget and still double spending per ship!

17. But did we?Thats my point.

18. A 100 years ago if you tied the battlewagons end toend you could have walked to france. Then walked back by cruisers tied end to end. Now adays you wouldn't get out of Pompey harbour!!!!

19. Yeah and when Submarines were a laugh a minute!I mean,a Steam powered Sub! :lol: :lol:

20. You will upset the sun dodgers.