Uniform : 3's shirts

Discussion in 'SCC and URNU' started by urnu_twat, Jan 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where i can get a hold of some new 3's shirts, maybe online.

My flatmate doesnt understand the concept of a whites wash, and im not turning up to the unit in slightly pink shirts.

Tried searching online and can't seem to find any sources (though many short sleeved versions)

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Get your Mum to wash them in bicarb, or get some hydrogen peroxide from Boots and soak em then wash em again... :thumright:

3. Turn up in pink - betchourass someone will notice - your name will be certainly remembered - you could be destined for higher things !!!

4. Or get some of that Colour Run stuff - works wonders.

5. thanks for the advice sgt.

i'll try the ideas, but i was going to anyway.

But the main question stands, are there any good sources of no.3 shirts, outside of base stores? it seems i can find every other piece of uniform i could ever need apart from the shirts....

cheers

6. Have you no spare? i had 4

7. Nope, got issued with 2 only.
    Both were in the wash.

8. If you really need to buy one (or more) try this Linky-thing here. Otherwise nick your flatmates shirt. Which URNU you at?

PNG

9. In the good old days you could have gone to Gieves & Hawkes...!

10. And get ripped off?

11. If you can't source 3's shirt by next drill you can always wear a nomal white shirt - so long as you don't take your wolly pully of it'll look just the same. :w00t:

12. I'm just impressed an urnu student was washing their own shirts.

13. I always used to buy my white shirts in M & S as the sleeves were always too short on the pusser's shirts (no gorilla jokes, please)

When they introduced the ones with button down epaulets for rank badges, I got my wife to modify all my M & S shirts. Being an expert with her sewing machine she did a very professional job. Just to make it simpler, she used white Velcro underneath for the fastening and just sewed a button on top to make it "look right".

Shortly after I joined the Birmingham, I was in the mess and took off my wooly pully and transferred my badges to my shirt. Several people were fascinated by the Velcro fastenings on the shirt and asked where I bought them. I said, with a perfectly straight face, M & S - nobody believed me so I undid the collar and let people look at the M & S label in the shirt.

The following Saturday M & S had a constant stream of people asking for these shirts. The staff were doing their utmost to say that M &S didn't sell this type of shirt and the would be purchasers were equally adamant that they had seen just such shirts with M & S labels !

Good wind up !! :w00t:

14. sgtpepperband

Split rig. Get yer 'at... :twisted: :wink:

15. Just as well they stopped issuing shirts with pin holes in the collars to fit your rate badge in !!

They were still 1s (with / without medals) and 2s in those days.

Having said that, I don't think I ever bought pussers white shirts (despite being i/c of the slop room), used to get all mine from M&S or Release clothing off the failed tiffs - besides which in those days we also had to wear stiff collars, and they cost a fortune to buy.

Summer rig also used to be white shirt, tie with pinback rate badge, and officer's trousers (sloproom perks !!)

:)

16. sgtpepperband

The only person entitled to wear a tie pin in the RN is a Regulating Petty Officer... :thumright:

17. Actually --- as a baby tiff I got five days No 9s for wearing a collar attached shirt instead of those awful separate collar things. It really p****d us off, because the Kiwis and Aussies who trained with us were allowed to wear them.

18. He wasnt P2K, it was his flatmate who trashed them!!!

Can you yet sarge???!!!

19. Can I suggest www.cadetdirect.com They do No. 3 shirts collar size 37 to 47, grade 1 and new. Prices start at £6.99