Unified Force to guard United Kingdom

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by rod-gearing, Jul 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About time we had one dont you think? The begining of a new Paramilitary style police force or what ever they decide to call it.
    It remains to be seen if it's effective but I suppose its a start.

2. Lets also wait to see what their terms of reference / boundaries are. It would be nice to believe they will have enough teeth to be able to handle whatever tasking they are ultimately given.

SF

3. was that force or farce?

4. Nice new uniform too.......

[​IMG]

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

5. Link?

6. Black should be official enough, a bit like the Clamping Fascists, with jackboots and a nice little crop (MP5A would be better... :twisted: ) - but the HR lot will probably whinge :(

Seriously though, it is unlikely to happen (the Froggies and the Deutschers will probably not allow it - how else will they get their illegals over the Channel?), this lot only make soundbites, and not very convincing ones at that, as well as completely ignoring most of the manifesto that got them in.. !!

7. Will we get a proper force or just something for show and what if any powers will they have ?

Why not extend the powers of MoD Plod (as they say on their web site, the UKS only National Plod Force) and Immigration department (without all the illegals they found working there previously.

8. Is this just musing, or has somehting actually been said?

I thought we had a unified organisaiton for assuring the security of the UK though.....

9. Most countries have a problem securing their borders.
    The UK has more than most because it is an island; effective border controls are an impossibility.

10. I hope they are issued a shoot to kill policy as well!

11. Interesting.
    Just out of curiosity, (maybe a daft question), will it consist of current serving armed forces personel?

12. If I have to guess, I'd say NO; and they'll probably be earning a hell of a lot more too :scratch:

13. I couldnt link it as on works pc but it was a BBC news story.

14. Hell no can't have people who actually believe in the country and are willing to do something about it doing the job can we? First qualification will be to answer a questionaire in English - if you can you certainly do not qualify!

15. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I assume this is the story you refer to?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6914834.stm

The way I read it is that the current immigration and customs guys will have to stand next to each other at a common checkpoint, possibly with a nice new shiney uniform. Note the Police aren't involved and no mention of the armed forces getting involved. Doesn't sound very "new" to me, so much for creative thinking!

16. This?