Underwater Field Gun

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Vivid_Diver, Oct 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] RNR Diving branch taking part in a charity event for Help for Heroes

MCDOA Latest News.
    [/FONT]

2. Hello

My name is Ian. I have recently applied to join the RNR at HMS Eaglet. At present I am waiting for a medical. I would like to join as a Diver and just wondered if there are vacancies in that branch at the moment. I understand I will need to do my basic training first which may take a some time. Also what sort of current diving experience will I need? I am PADI AOW and rescue diver although I have not done a great deal of diving in recent years.

Thanks,

Ian.

3. Ian - Check out this thread on RR:Also this page on the RN website:

4. Hello

Thanks mate. I have read that thread and all the information on the RN website already it doesn't really answer my questions though.

Cheers,

Ian.

5. I expect Vivid_Diver will provide chapter and verse in due course but if you PM me your email address, I will forward your query to someone able to answer it.

6. Your quals should be fine but you'll need a 1000 diving minutes logged. They've just recruited and trained a few divers recently, not sure when they'll be running another aptitude weekend, probably next year now.

7. Ian - Thanks for the PM. You will be hearing from the RNR Diver Branch New Entry Coordinator shortly.

8. For any who are interested, we are still recruiting ABs. There will be an branch intro weekend followed shortly after by the Divers Selection Test weekend in the spring of next year. Your RNR units should receive info in due course. There are divers at nearly every RNR unit now who can advise/put you in touch with the correct people.

9. That's great thanks for all the info

Ian

10. Military dive site
    Im a former Royal Marine and have set up a new site for former military divers, please have a look and comment, input welcome.

Military Diver - Home