Undeclared Medical conditions prior to joining

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by fandango, Mar 6, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking through my med docs that I was given after a med board I found a history sheet from my civvy G.P. prior to joining some 19-20 years ago listing raynauds disease & marfan syndrome. I had no idea that I had them either due to forgetfulness or just not listening to the doc at the time due to being young and stupid. Neither have been picked up at the med board or during PULHEEMS. If I end up going to another med board and they do pick up on it how would that affect my pension etc?
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Any undeclared pre-existing medical condition which comes to light in the first 56 days of training will result in discharge.

Any undeclared medical condition subsequently found to have been deliberately undeclared at any point of your career can also result in prosecution for fraud as well as dismissal. All applicants sign a consent form permitting service medical authorities access to their civilian medical records.

Other than that, nothing to worry about...assuming the Medical Board of Survey is not required due to the direct result of the undeclared pre-existing conditions.

In short - if the MBOS is due to either conditions, you'll get nowt unfortunately as one or both undeclared conditions would have been a bar to entry originally.