Unbreakable

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by md08, Oct 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you're interested in finding out more about the training you must undergo to join the Royal Navy then you may want to watch "Unbreakable" which is on tonight at 9PM on Channel 5.

Description:
    "Eight volunteers undergo an onslaught of physical and mental pressure in a bid to be declared 'unbreakable'. The contenders endure a week of gruelling navy training in Portsmouth."

If don't get a chance to see it then it will be made available here at a later date.

2. awww, i got home just after it finished :(

Will take a look at that when its online. Cheers :thumright:

3. I'd watch it if the C5 website wasn't so utterly shite that it cannot use proper codecs or streaming technology.

4. Think it's up now, was quite good. It mainly focused on the Clearance Divers training.

I'd say it's worth a watch :)

5. You didn't miss anything. There are more heros on Rum Ration.

Scouse, Slim, Nutty.......

6. i saw it was quite good :)

7. I watched it last night on Five. Very interesting and well worth a look even though the "split-arse" was dead weight. :threaten:

8. To Sumarise:

Part of the MCD selection course (just the mud run, the jump and a bit of a stroll with the drybag on) The DRIU (only part of BSSC), The leadership course in Collingrad and the dunker at Yeovilton. The real endurance part was probably the runs ashore each night and having to face the Bristol.

9. They did a mud run, some damage repair and dunker drills?? Sounds ninja......... :dwarf:

10. I think it's repeated on Wednesday at 23:05

11. Good. Maybe the girl will be more up for a jump the second time round.

Interesting that it seemed to be a group of high aspiration individuals pretending to be a team.

12. haha.

Yeah, I must admit, Channel 5's demand service is cr*p... I was trying to watch the "warship" series a second time round and also had problems with their stream quality (When it even worked at all)

13. Nothing wrong with it.
    Use Firefox with the MP11 plugin, no snags at all watching stuff.

14. Excuse me asking..............but do any of you people own a television?

15. A what?

Is that rude?