Un-solicited Mail

guns1969

War Hero
I've just got an un-solicited letter from a company that I've never heard of, apparently I can now claim some compensation, from what, I have no idea - I have no credit cards, HP or anything.
They urge me to ring them asap to discuss my claim - No Chance, they haven't given me a Freephone number.
What I really want to know - it is signed by the 'Head of Client On-Boarding' - What the feck is that?
The letter has now be through the shredder...……..

Sumo

War Hero
I've just got an un-solicited letter from a company that I've never heard of, apparently I can now claim some compensation, from what, I have no idea - I have no credit cards, HP or anything.
They urge me to ring them asap to discuss my claim - No Chance, they haven't given me a Freephone number.
What I really want to know - it is signed by the 'Head of Client On-Boarding' - What the feck is that?
The letter has now be through the shredder...……..
Didn't have chance to read mine, Wife recycled it far to fast.

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
I do like junk mail when they include a postage paid return envelope.
I am very grown up and use a hole punch on other junk mail then place each different junk mail in the envelopes.
Due to some clumsiness the hole punch seems to spill into the envelope in such a way that it comes out when opened.

It certainly brightens my day.

Waspie

War Hero
I do like junk mail when they include a postage paid return envelope.
I am very grown up and use a hole punch on other junk mail then place each different junk mail in the envelopes.
Due to some clumsiness the hole punch seems to spill into the envelope in such a way that it comes out when opened.

It certainly brightens my day.
I used to wait a day or two until I had a few junk mail pre paid letters. Than jiggle them around a bit and send them back all with some others junk inside. I suppose they're used to it but it kept me amused for a short time.
These days it simply doesn't get opened, if it does get opened it's file 13nd by SWMBO.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil NWE Mail: "Barrow Built Submarine Becomes Inaugural Winner Of A New Royal Navy Commendation" Submariners 2
F Not receiving activation E-mail for candidate portal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's article in the Mail on Sunday: 17 May 2020 MoD News 0
soleil NWE Mail: "Submariner Memorial Appeal - Competition To Celebrate The RN Launched By BAE In Barrow" Submariners 7
soleil Mail: RM Found Face Down In Freezing Water During Beach Assault Exercise - Update The Corps 6
soleil Mail: "RM Chiefs Spark Fury By Offering £10,000 'Golden Hello' Payments To Former Commandos To Rejoin" The Corps 15
soleil Mail: HMS Defender Seizes £3.3m Haul Of Crystal Meth From Drug Smuggler's Dhow In The Arabian Sea The Fleet 3
soleil Mail: "Divers Uncover Guns, A Mop And Even Bottles Of Booze From British Warship HMS Invincible" History 10
soleil Mail: "Real-Life 'Rocket Man' Wearing A Jet Pack Launches From ... HMS Queen Elizabeth" The Fleet 8
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: contacting the exceptional and complex cases team by e-mail MoD News 0
soleil Mail: "First Of RAF’s £9 Billion Stealth Fighter Fleet To Land On HMS Queen Elizabeth During Trump Visit In July" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil D. Mail: "Royal Marines Stage Dramatic Landing On Scottish Shore" The Corps 1
soleil NW Evening Mail: "Watch A Video Of The Wreck Of The Barrow-Built Sub Holland 5" Submariners 0
soleil Mail: Royal Navy Keeps Old Offshore Patrol Ships It Was Due To Retire For Post-Brexit Coastline Protection The Fleet 1
soleil Mail: "CDS Threatens To Block Promotions Unless Officers Improve The 'Inclusivity And Diversity' Of Their Units" Current Affairs 24
MoD_RSS Speech: Defence Secretary Op-Ed for the Mail on Sunday on mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Defence Secretary Op-Ed for the Mail on Sunday on mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improved mail service ensures loved ones can stay in touch MoD News 0
photface DGW Mail Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
MoD_RSS News story: MOD and Royal Mail sign new agreement to keep personnel connected MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD extends its free mail service for Defence Personnel MoD News 0
G Daily Mail caught lying again. How long can they get away with it? Current Affairs 31
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Mail pledges support for Armed Forces Covenant MoD News 0
wave_dodger Daily Mail does it again Current Affairs 103
S Daily Mail - redundancy mess up. Current Affairs 11
soleil NW Evening Mail: Falklands Veteran Sub Leaves Barrow And Embarks On Her Final Voyage Submariners 3
soleil Mail: "The Return Of Britain's 'Top Guns': Royal Navy Recommissions Training Squadron The Fleet Air Arm 11
soleil Mail: "Britain's 'Invisible' Stealth Fighter That Has Cost The Taxpayer £1.3 billion" The Gash Barge 10
soleil Mail: "Antiques Roadshow Object Solves 40-year Puzzle Of How 280ft RN Submarine Sank" Submariners 9
sgtpepperband Daily Mail Wail Fail Current Affairs 15
soleil Mail: "Enemies Beware: Royal Navy Shows Off Its Latest Radar System" The Fleet 8
soleil Mail: "Battle Of The River Plate Monument To Be Unveiled Today" History 10
soleil Mail: "Navy's Gibraltar Stand-off With Spanish Patrol: Warship Challenges 3 Ships" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil NW Evening Mail: "Huge Piece Of Submarine Dwarfs Barrow Road" Submariners 0
soleil Mail: "BehinD The Scenes With The British Pilots Learning To Fly F-35 Fighter Jet" The Fleet Air Arm 5
soleil Mail: 'RN Veteran Finally Receives His Medals, 64 Years After They Were Lost In Post' History 3
soleil Mail: "Sweetheart Letters On Display For First Time As Part of New RN Exhibition" History 9
soleil Mail: "Were 30 Royal Marines Poisoned By Gas On Derelict Soviet Weapons Plant?" The Corps 5
soleil Mail: 'History In Black And White: WWI Vessels To Be Repainted In 'Dazzle Camouflage' History 1
soleil Mail: "One For Hovering Buyers: Harrier Jump Jet For Sale" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Mail: "A Real Maverick! Norwegian F16 Fighter Pilot Poses For A Selfie" The Fleet Air Arm 6
soleil Mail: "The Maternity Military: How Nearly 100 Female Soldiers Have Been Sent Home" Current Affairs 14
soleil Mail: "Sea Of Love: Royal Navy Crew Spell Out Valentine's Message On The Deck" The Fleet 4
soleil Mail: "Royal Navy Seizes 1.25 Tonnes Of Cocaine Worth £60 million From Speedboat" RFA 2
soleil BBC: "Mail Rail - What Is It Like On The 'Secret' Tube?" History 0
soleil Mail: "Silent Cities Of Sacrifice: Battlefields Where You Can Mark 100 Yrs Since WW1" History 4
soleil Mail: Gov Refuses To Axe Dickensian Rules Forcing Army Widows To Choose Love/Pension Finance & Pensions 28
soleil Mail: HMS Illustrious - A New Lease Of Life As Luxury Yacht/Disaster Relief Ship The Fleet 6
sgtpepperband Daily Mail: "Pensioner scammed for 56 YEARS that cost her £200,000 and marriage" Diamond Lil's 6
soleil Mail: "The Helicopter Squadron That Saves 300 Lives A Year" The Fleet Air Arm 10