Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pork fed to Muslim prisoners.

doublehelix

Banned
The Ministry of Justice is to suspend a firm supplying meat to prisons after tests found that it may have provided pies and pasties described as Halal - but with traces of pork DNA.

Link: Meat Trade News

If these Muslims had followed the teaching of the Qur'an they would not have found themselves 'banged- up' and this situation would not have affected them, so I for one could not care less, in fact I find it slightly amusing.

0G1N

Lantern Swinger
I would give them nothing but pork, eat it or starve no feeling towards them here, I hear Tesco's has a shed load of burgers it wants rid off

danny

War Hero
I would give them nothing but pork, eat it or starve no feeling towards them here, I hear Tesco's has a shed load of burgers it wants rid off

I think the company involved should make an apology to the prisoners and to the Justice system they were paid to provide a service and have failed so they should loose this contract.

I dont however believe the justice system should be held responsible for this at all they put a system in place and have been badly let down.

Anyone that thinks this is ok is blatantly just being racist. Im not a big believer in calling human rights for everything but I do believe this is a fairly simple right to accommodate.

Topstop

War Hero
It should contain what it says on the tin, Halal, Kosher, Vegetarian, Vegan or Spam I dont give a monkeys as long as it tastes nice, but it should be what it says on the tin

doublehelix

Banned
I think the company involved should make an apology to the prisoners and to the Justice system they were paid to provide a service and have failed so they should loose this contract.

I dont however believe the justice system should be held responsible for this at all they put a system in place and have been badly let down.

Anyone that thinks this is ok is blatantly just being racist. Im not a big believer in calling human rights for everything but I do believe this is a fairly simple right to accommodate.

Does finding it amusing make me a racist? You can bet a pound to a pinch of shit there would not be such a brouhaha if the Catholics weren't getting fish on a Friday.

flymo

War Hero
So what about the Caucasian people who are followers of the Muslim faith? How can it be racist as they are of the same race. Nice try to pul the racism card. Someone must be running out of points of view for their standpoint.

I wonder how many prisoners are being fed unknowingly Halal food which they would object to on the grounds of the treatment of the animal being slaughtered?

fishhead

War Hero
I believe the Jewish faith forbids the consumption of Pork.There must be prisoners of that faith but to date I have heard of no cooncern for their sensibilities.

doublehelix

Banned
I believe the Jewish faith forbids the consumption of Pork.There must be prisoners of that faith but to date I have heard of no cooncern for their sensibilities.

You are correct but eating bacon can have serious consequences for them, look what happened to HMS Totem aka INS Dakar after the crew had tucked into a wedge of bacon butties in our barracks.

trelawney126

War Hero
I think the worst affront is not that there were pork traces in the Halal meat, but the method of butchering these animals. Slitting their throats whilst the executioner mumbles a few words from th Koran in Arabic. Poor animals probably don't appreciate the prayer, but would appreciate being stunned first!
The answer is if you want halal meat import it.

Guzzler

War Hero

I take it these burgers they want rid of are pork burgers, otherwise that statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Ballistic

War Hero
The only thing that makes sense to me in this thread is the first post.

But then again I'm biased - I detest all organised religion.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator

Surely you mean religionist (if that's an "ist") as anyone from any race can be a muslim, or are you one of those that like to use the present in-word of racist to anyone who presents a viewpoint against someone else who is a different colour/religion/nation etc etc .

A far over-used word IMO.

danny

War Hero
Surely you mean religionist (if that's an "ist") as anyone from any race can be a muslim, or are you one of those that like to use the present in-word of racist to anyone who presents a viewpoint against someone else who is a different colour/religion/nation etc etc .

A far over-used word IMO.

Maybe it is an over used word but it is the word in common usage to describe both racial and religious discrimination. That being correct or not is another matter.

Also to whoever said about christians not getting there religious preferences cared for in another country is neither here nor there. This is the UK and not some third world country, we cant base what we do on what they would do.
Im not sure if Catholics HAVE to have fish on Friday but if it is a requirement rather than a preference then of course they should have fish on a Friday.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Maybe it is an over used word but it is the word in common usage to describe both racial and religious discrimination. That being correct or not is another matter.

Also to whoever said about christians not getting there religious preferences cared for in another country is neither here nor there. This is the UK and not some third world country, we cant base what we do on what they would do.
Im not sure if Catholics HAVE to have fish on Friday but if it is a requirement rather than a preference then of course they should have fish on a Friday.

I don't believe it is a word commonly used to describe religious discrimination, just a word thrown into the mix to stifle debate and reasoned argument. If you mean religious discrimination then say it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T 101 Alternative uses of a Pork Cutlass The Gash Barge 2
FunkyJunky anyone else get fed up with..... Current Affairs 40
higthepig I`m fed up.................... Diamond Lil's 117
MoD_RSS Speech: Amanda Spielman at the Muslim Teachers' Association MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Former trustees of MA 1985 (formerly Muslim Aid) criticised after investigation finds serious mismanagement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Muslim Personnel Complete Hajj MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Mosque signing paves way for Muslim-owned businesses to support Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Commemorating a century of Muslim military service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence leaders meet Muslim communities to discuss Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Muslim Forum supports #WalkTogether at Iftar event MoD News 0
F Muslim spared jail after abusing 13 year old girl. Current Affairs 12
Waspie Muslim tribute band Blue Jokes 6
Illuminati Did anyone hear about that new Muslim strip joint that just opened?? Diamond Lil's 0
Q France bans Muslim women from covering their faces. Current Affairs 25
witsend Beware of the Muslim ray guns. Diamond Lil's 38
soleil BBC Asian Network: "UK's Muslim soldiers ‘fighting extremists not Muslims'" Current Affairs 3
The_Caretaker a Muslim Miscellaneous 0
S Muslim prisoners Current Affairs 18
D Muslim leader to condemn terrorists Current Affairs 9
SONAR-BENDER Unrest within Muslim Unions Diamond Lil's 6
sgtpepperband "Muslim Demographics" Current Affairs 16
Nails Muslim fanatics shout abuse at soldiers The Corps 13
K Armed Forces Muslim conference The Quarterdeck 27
slim Muslim cleric loses extradition appeal Current Affairs 15
creddly Muslim prisoners offered ham sandwiches sue for millions The Gash Barge 31
slim Muslim prisoners sue Diamond Lil's 13
ET(MESM)whogivesafeck Muslim juror accused of wearing MP3 player under her hijab e Current Affairs 9
slim Muslim fury as 'Jihad The Musical' comes to the UK Diamond Lil's 30
slim Muslim heads stuck firmly in the sand Diamond Lil's 4
B Muslim woman juror contemp of court Diamond Lil's 25
ukdaytona Muslim women abuse soldier at troops hospital Current Affairs 124
spider_monkey Offensive to who? No Muslim has complained! The Quarterdeck 17
slim Muslim Pc refused to shake hands Current Affairs 24
slim You can swim, but you have to wear Muslim dress The Quarterdeck 7
slim Dutch to ban wearing of Muslim burqa in public Diamond Lil's 29
FlagWagger At the risk of singling out the Muslim community further.... Current Affairs 38
P New Muslim Terror Tactics Diamond Lil's 19