UK Marine astounded to find he's the face of NZ Army Museum

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by soleil, Mar 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I've driven past that bill board many a time and smiled that an ex bootneck was up there. To be fair it's only one of many on that stretch of road. Certainly no kiwi's have complained about it.

2. Are you smiling cos it's you Blobs?

3. Have seen this on the news tonight here in NZ. :evil:
    The numpties at the NZ Army Museum are claiming they knew it was a Royal all along, hard to miss with the Globe and Buster on his lid, but they felt it was an appropriate image to advertise their establishment.
    I'm sure equaly photogenic Kiwi Army Veterans of a similar vintage will be chuffed to bits that the innefficient twunts responsible for the brief loss of genuine VCs a few years ago find it acceptable to advertise their Museum with a 'Foreign' Servicemans fizzog. :roll:
    These #$@%ers make Colonel Blimp look like the epitome of efficiancy, they should resign forthwith.

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

.....Ooow, get you.... :p

5. Can you tell that those numpty feckers grip me a tad?
    They're responsible for some of the most valuable Military antiques in the world for FFS (Captain Charles Upham's double VC for example.) and they still insist on making pish poor decisions to promote their OWN Army the past and present members of which have every right to be hacked off with this piece of promotion.

6. 100% agree, the fact he's a bootneck is irrelevant really it's unbelievable that a museum can get it so wrong in an area of endeavour it purports to promote and preserve; just lame!

7. Bet Ticker Ayling's pretty chuffed.

8. Saw Charles Upham VC funeral here in Christchurch, it was pretty moving the streets were crowded with people, he was well respected here in NZ.