Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK 'is losing 52 pubs each week'

This is serious: UK 'is losing 52 pubs each week'

BBC News said:
UK pubs closed at a rate of 52 per week in the first half of the year - a third more than the same period in 2008 - the British Beer & Pub Association said...

The rate of closures was the fastest since the number of UK pubs began being tracked, in 1990. The number of pubs has dropped by 2,377 in the past year, to a total of 53,466...

This website puts things in perspective regarding the situation in Pompey: Portsmouth's Lost Pubs I'm doing my best to keep them in business. Are you doing your bit?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It's rather careless of the licensing trade to keep losing these pubs every week.

They should put a name on them so as we can find them in the Lost Property Box/Scran Bag.

Ninja_Stoker said:
It's rather careless of the licensing trade to keep losing these pubs every week.

They should put a name on them so as we can find them in the Lost Property Box/Scran Bag.

Bar none, they all had names on so perhaps some pub-lic spirit-ed person will hand them inn.

Rumrat

War Hero
Naval_Gazer said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

Bar none, they all had names on so perhaps some pub-lic spirit-ed person will hand them inn.

Yeah right, I find a pub its mine,....Finders Keepers :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

Rumrat said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

Yeah right, I find a pub its mine,....Finders Keepers :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

Finders? Who'd have thought it? 8O

Rumrat

War Hero
Naval_Gazer said:
Rumrat said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

Finders? Who'd have thought it? 8O

Things seem to have gone full cycle, in days of yore, |I used to loose 52 weeks in a pub. 8O :? :D

Over here in the Republic the local pub was on sale for two million with the petrol/gas/filling station down the road being sold for more stupid looking luxury apartments, the landlord thought he would have a bag of gold also.

Thankfully the recession and a few on the council who would not take a brown envelope and the pub is saved.

jesse

War Hero
Naval_Gazer said:
This is serious: UK 'is losing 52 pubs each week'

BBC News said:
UK pubs closed at a rate of 52 per week in the first half of the year - a third more than the same period in 2008 - the British Beer & Pub Association said...

The rate of closures was the fastest since the number of UK pubs began being tracked, in 1990. The number of pubs has dropped by 2,377 in the past year, to a total of 53,466...

This website puts things in perspective regarding the situation in Pompey: Portsmouth's Lost Pubs I'm doing my best to keep them in business. Are you doing your bit?
Visiting Pompey on a memory lane run for a couple of days next week. Rest assured that I will reach above and beyond the call of duty.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why is this in Lils, its serious stuff. :roll:

Who gives a fcuk, the poor ones are going bust because of tabbing and everyone now smells how sh1t they smell, good riddens!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I've just walked round my lil' bit of pointy head land and found 3 of them so only 49 more to find 'hic :drunken:

I wish my local would shut, only way they will get the ex RAF chef (left in the 70's) who thinks he's Gordon Ramsay out. Place is minging and the chain smoking prick is still moaning about the ban. His missus in on her last legs due to smoking!!!!!!

Ships_Cat

War Hero
Ninja_Stoker said:

Have they looked where they last had them......?

Rumrat

War Hero
Joint_Force_Harrier said:
I wish my local would shut, only way they will get the ex RAF chef (left in the 70's) who thinks he's Gordon Ramsay out. Place is minging and the chain smoking prick is still moaning about the ban. His missus in on her last legs due to smoking!!!!!!

Sounds cosy, have you tried "smoking" him out 8O :lol:

stimps

Lantern Swinger
Rumrat said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

think it's time to bring out some big nails. as they're obviously all named, means some little sh**e is nicking them all

The_Jimmy

War Hero
stimps said:
Rumrat said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

think it's time to bring out some big nails. as they're obviously all named, means some little sh**e is nicking them all
Police think its a Liverpool gang involved :D :roll:

Joint_Force_Harrier said:

Well if about 50 percent are closed, and your example accounts probably for the other half, if not more as most publicans are deeply unhealthy. Then we should run out of them completely pretty shortly. Which will mean redundancies in the brewing trade, Brake Brothers bust, and the police able to get rid of about 80 percent of their personnel. Our A and E departments will be able to reduce staff by 90 percent at weekends, and most kebab shops will close.
That little lot should clean up the country nicely, and make it about as interesting as a wet weekend in Wales :lol:

Rumrat

War Hero
dondon said:
Do'ing my best to keeping the St Budeaux Workies a working concern lol :roll:

So why are you on here ? get back round there and work at it harder you slope shouldered bugger :twisted: 8O :) :)

Typical Jack, no commitment :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Tax credits deadline: customers at risk of losing out MoD News 0
K Losing a grandad Nearest & Dearest 12
MoD_RSS Press release: Businesses urged to pay suppliers on time or risk losing out on government contracts MoD News 0
P Anyone else going through the recruitment process losing interest? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
soleil Pompey News: "1SL Warns That The Royal Navy Faces Losing Its Credibility" The Fleet 5
soleil Sunday Mirror: "Christmas Party Smiles Hide Painful Bond Of Losing Fathers" Charity 0
soleil Sunday Mirror: "Just A Blip: Royal Navy Admit Losing £500,000 Radar Unit" The Fleet 6
J losing a few pounds Health & Fitness 19
Ageing_Gracefully Competition - Losing Small Wars Competitions 2
O Losing weight at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
wet_blobby Matelots...losing the legacy? Diamond Lil's 11
T Where has my thread on RNR losing "R's" gone? The Gash Barge 21
M Losing the UPO staff Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 13
MoD_RSS Boost for restaurants, pubs and cafes as Jenrick extends takeaway services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PCA approves Declaration by POBs to preserve Pubs Code rights for tied tenants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Heineken Pub Company Fined After Seriously Breaching Pubs Code MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pubs Code Adjudicator (PCA) Bulletin October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New plans to ensure pubs, restaurants and cafes offer both smoking and non-smoking outdoor options MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Covid-19 and Trigger Events under the Pubs Code MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PCA working with Hive IT to carry out research of Pubs Code users MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government outlines support for pubs, cafes and restaurants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pubs, restaurants and hairdressers to reopen from 4 July MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pubs Code deadlines affected by the Covid-19 emergency - What tenants need to know MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pubs Code Adjudicator statement on the announcement of pubs reopening MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fiona Dickie on becoming the Pubs Code Adjudicator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The new Pubs Code Adjudicator, Fiona Dickie, is now in post. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS High Court appeal of decision in Pubs Code arbitration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to grant permission for pubs and restaurants to operate as takeaways as part of coronavirus response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: Update from the Pubs Code Adjudicator MoD News 5
MoD_RSS Fiona Dickie appointed Pubs Code Adjudicator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government appoints new Pubs Code Adjudicator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Happy hour for pubs as government cuts business rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pubs Code Adjudicator (PCA) Bulletin November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fiona Dickie urges tenants to provide evidence relevant to the investigation into Star Pubs & Bars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pubs Code Adjudicator (PCA) Bulletin July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Latest from the Pubs Code Adjudicator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Investigation into Star Pubs & Bars Limited MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pubs Code Adjudicator (PCA) Bulletin April 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pubs Code Adjudicator (PCA) Bulletin April 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pubs Code Adjudicator Publishes Guidance on Beer Waste and Duty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Pubs Code Adjudicator publishes further arbitration awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New funding boost to support rural pubs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pubs Code Adjudicator tied pub tenant survey year 2 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Pubs Code Adjudicator Launches Consultation on Beer Duty and Waste MoD News 0
GrumpyGit Naval Pubs - an interesting read Diamond Lil's 0
digger84 Free Meals for Armed forces and Veterans till 9th August at Greene King Pubs. The Quarterdeck 4
Trainer Gosport Mayor Banned from Nelson's and rest of Gosport Pubs Diamond Lil's 5
soleil Herald: "Military And Civilian Police Lock Down Plymouth Pubs In Hunt For Drugs" Bases / Shore Est 11
AAF Community Pubs. Diamond Lil's 2
2 e-petition Ban Pubs and Clubs from Discriminating against Armed Forces The Gash Barge 33