UK 'is losing 52 pubs each week'

#1
This is serious: UK 'is losing 52 pubs each week'

BBC News said:
UK pubs closed at a rate of 52 per week in the first half of the year - a third more than the same period in 2008 - the British Beer & Pub Association said...

The rate of closures was the fastest since the number of UK pubs began being tracked, in 1990. The number of pubs has dropped by 2,377 in the past year, to a total of 53,466...
This website puts things in perspective regarding the situation in Pompey: Portsmouth's Lost Pubs I'm doing my best to keep them in business. Are you doing your bit?
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#3
It's rather careless of the licensing trade to keep losing these pubs every week.

They should put a name on them so as we can find them in the Lost Property Box/Scran Bag.
 
#4
Ninja_Stoker said:
It's rather careless of the licensing trade to keep losing these pubs every week.

They should put a name on them so as we can find them in the Lost Property Box/Scran Bag.
Bar none, they all had names on so perhaps some pub-lic spirit-ed person will hand them inn.
 
#5
Naval_Gazer said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
It's rather careless of the licensing trade to keep losing these pubs every week.

They should put a name on them so as we can find them in the Lost Property Box/Scran Bag.
Bar none, they all had names on so perhaps some pub-lic spirit-ed person will hand them inn.
Yeah right, I find a pub its mine,....Finders Keepers :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
 
#6
Rumrat said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
It's rather careless of the licensing trade to keep losing these pubs every week.

They should put a name on them so as we can find them in the Lost Property Box/Scran Bag.
Bar none, they all had names on so perhaps some pub-lic spirit-ed person will hand them inn.
Yeah right, I find a pub its mine,....Finders Keepers :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Finders? Who'd have thought it? 8O
 
#7
Naval_Gazer said:
Rumrat said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
It's rather careless of the licensing trade to keep losing these pubs every week.

They should put a name on them so as we can find them in the Lost Property Box/Scran Bag.
Bar none, they all had names on so perhaps some pub-lic spirit-ed person will hand them inn.
Yeah right, I find a pub its mine,....Finders Keepers :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Finders? Who'd have thought it? 8O
Things seem to have gone full cycle, in days of yore, |I used to loose 52 weeks in a pub. 8O :? :D
 
#8
Over here in the Republic the local pub was on sale for two million with the petrol/gas/filling station down the road being sold for more stupid looking luxury apartments, the landlord thought he would have a bag of gold also.

Thankfully the recession and a few on the council who would not take a brown envelope and the pub is saved.
 
#9
Naval_Gazer said:
This is serious: UK 'is losing 52 pubs each week'

BBC News said:
UK pubs closed at a rate of 52 per week in the first half of the year - a third more than the same period in 2008 - the British Beer & Pub Association said...

The rate of closures was the fastest since the number of UK pubs began being tracked, in 1990. The number of pubs has dropped by 2,377 in the past year, to a total of 53,466...
This website puts things in perspective regarding the situation in Pompey: Portsmouth's Lost Pubs I'm doing my best to keep them in business. Are you doing your bit?
Visiting Pompey on a memory lane run for a couple of days next week. Rest assured that I will reach above and beyond the call of duty.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#11
Why is this in Lils, its serious stuff. :roll:

Who gives a fcuk, the poor ones are going bust because of tabbing and everyone now smells how sh1t they smell, good riddens!
 
#13
I wish my local would shut, only way they will get the ex RAF chef (left in the 70's) who thinks he's Gordon Ramsay out. Place is minging and the chain smoking prick is still moaning about the ban. His missus in on her last legs due to smoking!!!!!!
 
#14
Ninja_Stoker said:
It's rather careless of the licensing trade to keep losing these pubs every week.

They should put a name on them so as we can find them in the Lost Property Box/Scran Bag.
Have they looked where they last had them......?
 
#15
Joint_Force_Harrier said:
I wish my local would shut, only way they will get the ex RAF chef (left in the 70's) who thinks he's Gordon Ramsay out. Place is minging and the chain smoking prick is still moaning about the ban. His missus in on her last legs due to smoking!!!!!!
Sounds cosy, have you tried "smoking" him out 8O :lol:
 

stimps

Lantern Swinger
#16
Rumrat said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
It's rather careless of the licensing trade to keep losing these pubs every week.

They should put a name on them so as we can find them in the Lost Property Box/Scran Bag.
Bar none, they all had names on so perhaps some pub-lic spirit-ed person will hand them inn.
Yeah right, I find a pub its mine,....Finders Keepers :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
think it's time to bring out some big nails. as they're obviously all named, means some little sh**e is nicking them all
 
#17
stimps said:
Rumrat said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
It's rather careless of the licensing trade to keep losing these pubs every week.

They should put a name on them so as we can find them in the Lost Property Box/Scran Bag.
Bar none, they all had names on so perhaps some pub-lic spirit-ed person will hand them inn.
Yeah right, I find a pub its mine,....Finders Keepers :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
think it's time to bring out some big nails. as they're obviously all named, means some little sh**e is nicking them all
Police think its a Liverpool gang involved :D :roll:
 
#18
Joint_Force_Harrier said:
I wish my local would shut, only way they will get the ex RAF chef (left in the 70's) who thinks he's Gordon Ramsay out. Place is minging and the chain smoking prick is still moaning about the ban. His missus in on her last legs due to smoking!!!!!!
Well if about 50 percent are closed, and your example accounts probably for the other half, if not more as most publicans are deeply unhealthy. Then we should run out of them completely pretty shortly. Which will mean redundancies in the brewing trade, Brake Brothers bust, and the police able to get rid of about 80 percent of their personnel. Our A and E departments will be able to reduce staff by 90 percent at weekends, and most kebab shops will close.
That little lot should clean up the country nicely, and make it about as interesting as a wet weekend in Wales :lol:
 
#20
dondon said:
Do'ing my best to keeping the St Budeaux Workies a working concern lol :roll:
So why are you on here ? get back round there and work at it harder you slope shouldered bugger :twisted: 8O :) :)

Typical Jack, no commitment :wink:
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top