UK Homeland Security?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by ThePunisher, May 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Yes. The civvies dropped the ball. Lets try the (para)military option.

100.0%
  2. No. I trust the people who failed to stop 7/7...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Since the civvie's - Sppoks and Plods faied - to stop 7/7, should we set up a new, paramilitary Agency like Shin Beth or even or old pals Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti?
    Organisations with Military rank, discipline etc are usually more efficient than their civilian counterparts. The Police don't count; they have become so emasculated by Politiocal Correctness that they are litle more than social workers in uniform. The Met contributed to the JTAC report a few months before 7/7, which stated that no-one had the "Intention and capability to carry out a terrorist campaign in the UK at this time."
    MI5 only has one Regonal Office fully staffed. Apparently, it takes up to two years to vet, recruit and fully trsin a Spook.
    They must be slow learners.
    It's time to set up a new Agency. This Agency will have a Military rank structure though it's operators will work mostly in plain clothes. It will have Field Offices in EVERY major city, preferrably recruited from people who live locally and know the area.
    It's operators will be firearms trained and have full powers of arrest, so they are self-sufficient and can carry out operation without relying on the police.
    Setting up this UK Homeland Security Agency would be vastly unpopular and lead to howls of protest from the Sppoks and Plods. Tough. They had their chance and dropped the ball.
    Time for a new team.

2. The Punisher has some sound ideas I have to say.

Local security agents - powers of arrest - military rank - Sounds like a job for the retired jossmen out there !

3. Good idea, if you want some military cabbage in a paramilitary uniform interrogating you at any time - I certainly don't.

All that's needed is to get rid of the some of the deadwood in the government & legal services, and allow the professionals to do their job within reason & without interference from certain members in chambers whose spouse happens to be a biggie in government !!

Oh!, and of course a Home Secretary who will do a proper job.....

4. Must concur. But liberty, do gooders, legal profession, pc brigade etc must be kept out or at least arms length.

5. Awww come on guys - it was posted tongue in cheek I didn't intend you take it seriously !

6. Ya got me there, you little tinker !! :lol:

7. Me to!

8. FH removes hook from mouth and tears up application form.

9. Come on guys, you're missing the essential point here - Jobs for the Boys!
    Just think; a chance to live out your Professionals/James Bond/MI/Delete where applicable fantasies!
    The oppertunity to meet intresting new people - and kidnap, torture and shoot them!
    And of course, the chance to settle old scores; there's no point having power if you don't abuse it.

10. You can do it already: join the Met! :(

11. Yeah, but you're only allowed to shoot Brazilians. Or people aremed with table legs...

12. How about joining the paparazzi? You can mentally torture the people you are following and shoot them with your camera... and even kill them (accidentally). Remember The Princess of Wales?

13. Yeah good point. May the force be with you - and the power of the pen !

14. How about joining the paparazzi? You can mentally torture the people you are following and shoot them with your camera... and even kill them (accidentally). Remember The Princess of Wales?[/quote]

I’ve got my tin hat and flack jacket on, please give me a chance to duck after saying this, but just for once in this case they may have done us all a favour! Right my head is down fire away.

15. I’ve got my tin hat and flack jacket on, please give me a chance to duck after saying this, but just for once in this case they may have done us all a favour! Right my head is down fire away.[/quote]

Awww I was at her wedding (HMS Southampton stand by crew)

16. Oh, come on! Everyone knows the People's Princess was slotted by a joint Increment/Opus Dai hit team, on the orders of HM and the Pope.
    Diana was about to reveal to the world that she was the direct descendant of Jesus and Mary Magdalen. And the Illumanati simply could not allow that to happen.
    The Da Vinci Code is a brilliant piece of black propoganda, diverting attention away from the Truth: thet Diana was the Holy Grail!

17. They would have done us a favour had they killed the right one!

:idea: Just imagine having Diana as your DO... Ooooh, if only she'd joined up! :D

18. The police, at their annual conferance, have called for more Armed Officers. The problem is that the average copper does not want to be armed. While people who might make excellent Armed Response officers, i.e. ex-Military, have no interest in day-to-day policing.
    For once, I think Ian Blair might have the right idea; he mooted an idea last year to allow ex-Military direct recruitment into units like the Brazilian Bandits(SO19).
    I think the idea is a sound one. Ex-Millitary would go through a selection course and re-train as AFO's. They would do this role and this role only. This would greatly increase the amount of firepower on call for the police - and provide a career for a lot of ex-squaddies, bootnecks etc.
    One thing is certain: there have been 5 police officers killed in the line of duty in the last three years. If the police cannot protect themselves, how can they protect us?