UK Credit Crisis

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by The_Jimmy, Oct 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are things that bad in the UK?
  2. Not for her they arent, HRH has just bought a jet. I cant afford that even on my large wage.
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

So obviously a made up photo, when have you ever had a mcshite burger that looks like the one in the photo?
  4. Blobbs you still in NZ mate?
  5. wet_blobby

Yep, having a barbie tomorrow if your local.
  6. Bit far Bro am on the other side of the ditch!
  7. Sorry mate long way to go for a shrimp, still in sunny Faslane. Just wondered because your NZ exploits have been missing from the forum for a while.
  8. SHRIMP? Ye might get that on the Holy Loch not in OZ or NZ
  9. wet_blobby

Been busy working mate, I'll start a new topic and update.
  10. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

It appears things are quite bad in the Land of the Rising Sun too, as shown by the following report (shamelessly stolen) from elsewhere.

Following the problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on Northern Rock in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan.
    In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches. Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived. While Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black. Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.