UK Armed Forces Veterans Coins On Sale Now...

Discussion in 'Charity' started by Gundulph, Oct 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [align=center][​IMG][/align]

[align=center]You can Pre-Order the UK Armed Forces Veteran Coin at[/align]

[align=center]We have designed and are producing a UK Armed Forces Veteran "Challenge" Coin (you can see the History and info including the Rules of the Challenge etc. at UKChallengeCoins ).

The UK Armed Forces Veterans Coin will provide much needed funding for a little known organisation called Holidays 4 Heroes, a Donation is made direct to the Charity for Every Coin sold.

The ARRSE "Challenge" Coin (still a few hundred remaining!) has made several thousand pounds for Holidays 4 Heroes so far and has proven immensely popular.

Unlike the ARRSE Coin with Sequential numbering, with the Veterans Coin the intention is the blank Scroll will allow anyone to engrave whatever they want on their coin i.e. Service Number, Name, Units served or a personal message etc.

The image we thought most apt for the Army was the British Tom on the ground, the Navy we went for a Submarine : ) After weighing up several image options to represent the RAF, the Tornado GR4 at that angle looked better than anything else.

The Coins are now being produced and can be Pre-Ordered now.

You can see the History of the Challenge Coin and the Rules of the 'Challenge' or 'Coin Check' Here:
    [/align][align=center]UK Challenge Coins[/align]

[align=center]P.S. The 'Sleek Black Messenger Of Death' is based on the new Astute Class... [/align]
  2. Re: UK Armed Forces Veterans Coin helping H4H

Saw this on Arrse - will be ordering when available.

3. Re: UK Armed Forces Veterans Coin helping H4H

Do you offer any for sale pre-engraved with Walter Mitty on the scroll? ;)
  4. Re: UK Armed Forces Veterans Coin helping H4H

:D You are free to engrave whatever you want on there thingy... :wink:
  5. Re: UK Armed Forces Veterans Coin helping H4H

I can see the representation of the Royal Marines, the Fleet Air Arm and the Submarine Service on the coin but what about the Skimmers (RN General Service)?

(Yes, I know what they really mean)
  6. Re: UK Armed Forces Veterans Coin helping H4H

As a Reservist, I'd like to see a packed lunch on there!
  7. Re: UK Armed Forces Veterans Coin helping H4H

Here is a picture of the first Veteran Coin to be produced, for EVERY Coin sold a donation of 2 Pounds will go direct to Holidays 4 Heroes... The coins can be pre-ordered through
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Re: UK Armed Forces Veterans Coin helping H4H

It's got "back side" written on it in the picture above... :lol:
  9. Re: UK Armed Forces Veterans Coin helping H4H

No it hasn't :D ...
  10. Amended the picture, took the graininess out of the original mirrored picture, it shows the colours a bit better now.
  11. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I've got my Arrse coin and it's very good. Well worth the money. Cheers Gundulph.
  12. Thanks Blackrat, the ARRSE Coins raised a few thousands for Holidays 4 Heroes, so thank you for your help by purchasing the coin, we are trying to help raise their awareness more as they are a tad overshadowed by Help 4 Heroes etc.

The Veteran Coin sales will also be providing Hols 4 Heroes with 2 GBP for EVERY Coin sold, this one has 3D on both sides as can be seen in the picture above...

Thanks again.
  13. Re: UK Armed Forces Veterans Coin helping H4H

Never seen a UK Navy tornado!
    Is there a RR one?
  14. Gundulph: I may have missed it but did you quote a price for said coin in your post ?
  15. Veteran Coin £10.00 + £1.00 postage + £1.00 upgrade to registered

One ordered from arrse site.

16. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Good man yerself!! :salute:
  17. The coins are now ready to purchase and send out immediately.

20 of the Coins have been engraved and are being auctioned for Charity, then for every coin sold a donation of 2 Pounds is going to Hols 4 Heroes, you can see the first 10 coins over in the ARRSE 2009 RBL Poppy Appeal Auction:

18. The feedback on the coins has been really good, thanks to everyone who has purchased a coin, remember £2.15 from every Coin sold goes direct to 'Holidays 4 Heroes' and has so far raised a considerable amount for them.

A few feedback comments:

"Package arrived today in sunny Deutschland. The coins are absolutely top notch quality.
    Many thanks."

"Coin arrived today. Very pleased with it - thanks very much!"

"Vet coin arrived today and looks mighty good."

"My Veterans Coin arrived yesterday, and what a great looking coin it is too. I shall put it away somewhere safe until I need it."
  19. I know the Challenge Coins aren't as popular in Rum Ration as they are in ARRSE but thought some of you may be interested in one of the Limited Edition Poppy Coins, Full details over in ARRSE, just press on the picture below: