Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Corvus

Midshipman
Hi, I tried to apply for the Navy Undergraduate apprenticeship scheme a few months ago, but it said that I couldn't because it said that I needed to be at least 17 years and 6 months old to do it. So I waited until recently when I turned 17 years and 6 months. However, when I fill out the online application, it says that I can't continue/proceed with the application as I need to be 18 to do so.
1. If this is the case, then why did it originally say that I needed to be 17 and 6 months a few months ago on the eligibility form?
2. Also, even if I did fill out the application now, and was successful, I would still only be joining in several months, by which time I will be 18.

Last edited:
You should be able to apply online, pending confirmation of meeting the academic entry criteria prior to physically commencing Initial Naval Training.

My guess is there are still bugs in the new recruiting software, so the best bet is to either contact your local AFCO and ask them to email a manual application form or just call 03456 07 055 55, explain you are having snags & request they process your UGAS application manually.

Best o'luck.

You should be able to apply online, pending confirmation of meeting the academic entry criteria prior to physically commencing Initial Naval Training.

My guess is there are still bugs in the new recruiting software, so the best bet is to either contact your local AFCO and ask them to email a manual application form or just call 03456 07 055 55, explain you are having snags & request they process your UGAS application manually.

Best o'luck.

Thank you very much.

Latest Threads