UCAS Points

Just a quick couple.....

Does the RN accept UCAS points attained through General Studies A2 Level as valid points?

Also, With my FAT tomorrow, providing I pass (fingers crossed) and I get offered an AIB date, with my A-Level exams not until June, If they offer me a date before my results, and I then fail to achieve the 180 UCAS points what would happen?

Many Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Bender said:
Just a quick couple.....

1. Does the RN accept UCAS points attained through General Studies A2 Level as valid points?

2. Also, With my FAT tomorrow, providing I pass (fingers crossed) and I get offered an AIB date, with my A-Level exams not until June, If they offer me a date before my results, and I then fail to achieve the 180 UCAS points what would happen?

Many Thanks
Hiya Bender,

One assumes you are a Futurama fan?

1. Amazingly, yes General Studies is accepted. (Mad eh?)

2. Your provisional offer of service is just that- if you fail to make the minimum UCAS points requirement, then you become ineligible to join as an Officer & the offer is withdrawn- however, if you re-sit within 12 months, the offer holds, but you will be allocated a later entry date in competition with all others at that time. (ie: you MAY not be selected if there are sufficient candidates that score higher in AIB than yourself).

Hope that helps - Best of luck.

The name came from a strange night out in the depths on Cornwall strangely enough.

Thanks for the reply, One presumes that if, for example I were to make 160 UCAS points, then resit certain modules in January 2009 to take my total beyond the require 180, then I could, theoretically have an entry date in mid 2009 (May/June).

Thanks.

copenhagencup

Lantern Swinger
on1. What you slept in a travellers tent.
2. You piss up to excess.
3. You are in old Navy speak a hatter.

What you went to Pendeen ? you brave f*cker