UCAS Points

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Bender, Mar 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick couple.....

Does the RN accept UCAS points attained through General Studies A2 Level as valid points?

Also, With my FAT tomorrow, providing I pass (fingers crossed) and I get offered an AIB date, with my A-Level exams not until June, If they offer me a date before my results, and I then fail to achieve the 180 UCAS points what would happen?

Many Thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hiya Bender,

One assumes you are a Futurama fan?

1. Amazingly, yes General Studies is accepted. (Mad eh?)

2. Your provisional offer of service is just that- if you fail to make the minimum UCAS points requirement, then you become ineligible to join as an Officer & the offer is withdrawn- however, if you re-sit within 12 months, the offer holds, but you will be allocated a later entry date in competition with all others at that time. (ie: you MAY not be selected if there are sufficient candidates that score higher in AIB than yourself).

Hope that helps - Best of luck.

3. The name came from a strange night out in the depths on Cornwall strangely enough.

Thanks for the reply, One presumes that if, for example I were to make 160 UCAS points, then resit certain modules in January 2009 to take my total beyond the require 180, then I could, theoretically have an entry date in mid 2009 (May/June).

Thanks.

4. on1. What you slept in a travellers tent.
    2. You piss up to excess.
    3. You are in old Navy speak a hatter.

What you went to Pendeen ? you brave f*cker