UCAS Points for AIB and some guidance please

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Onionbajii, Aug 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently serving in my phase 2 training and looking for some specific information regarding AIB.
    I currently have an NVQ level 2 , 5 GCSE's A-C, 3x Key skills level 2 and as part of my trade training I am doing an NVQ level 2. Im aware that NVQ level 2's are not worth any points but if i was to do the level 3 courses would they be enough to get me onto some sort of access degree?
    I'm nearly 22 and most degrees take roughly 3 years and i'm not sure I would complete a course in time for the age cut off for AIB which I believe is 26.
    I was wondering if attending CW classes can help me gain any qualifications needed. Do past appraisals have any impact on the AIB?
    Apologies for not looking through the 130+page post of AIB but my pc is tad slow.
    Thanks for your time and any information you can provide.

2. AIB Age cut off depends on branch? Logistics is up to 30/31 now?

To meet the UCAS requirement you need the equivalent of two good A Levels (grades B and C I think).

I'm pretty sure I read something about your being able to do these in service? If you need to distance learn an A Level look here: http://www.icslearn.co.uk/gcse-A-level/a-level/

3. Do you need ucas points for UY? I know you obviously don't for SUY.

4. When we got the brief at Sultan, we were told it's 5 GCSEs A-C.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Correct.

Unless the OP forgot to mention a vocational degree already held, such as one in medicine, nursing, engineering or theology, then academically you only need 5 X GCSE's A*-C, including maths & English to apply for Warfare or Logistics Officer from within the service.

There's 'just the little matter' of being recommended & passing AIB.

6. Thanks for your help.