UAS from army-discharge

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by U10092795, May 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right .going to say this as it is.I joined the army in sept 2003.I did well on tests ie shooting,rifle,drill fitness.However i was backsquadded several times due to my bad admin ie ironing and kit and bad organisation.
    It was getting to me in the end and wanted to leave.My date for leaving had gone so i had the choice of another backsqaud or UAS-inorder to leave(unsuitable for army service) i chose the discharge.I was 21 back then very immature and i really am thinking of joining the navy-do you think i would be able to many thanks!! :?:

2. You couldn't iron your kit and keep yourself in order at 21?

For some people, there's no hope, back to flipping burgers ronald.

3. No offence but you must of been a joke to get back squaded for bad admin, as i have seen some pretty shocking army/navy/RAF personnel and wonder how they made it through training.
    BUT i do believe people change, as i have seen it done over countless times and go on to do bigger and better things like SF etc.
    If you feel like you have changed and know what is required of you and if you can then by all means give it a crack.

Best of luck

4. i accepti was bad!! my kit was bad bt then i as told it had undergone a massive improvement.I got backsquadded on exercise again for bad admin and not being up to standard with kit etc.I also got injured
    might enquire the worst that can happen is to be told NO!

5. Thats all you can do mate, just try again

6. U

Two RN Careers Advisors contribute to this forum - Supermario and Ninja Stoker - I'm sure they will give you an opinion on this when they are next online.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to the site.

There's no harm in asking the question by submitting an application form, however the odds are that if you were not recommended further service in the Army, then it's quite possible the Navy would think likewise.

8. i wasn't discharged by services no longer required.i was discharged unsuitable for army service.i was looking on the arrse site and people whogot my discharge ie UAS were able to get back in.it is the recommendation which stops you getting in i have benn told not the discharge as that can be just unsuitable at that time.yeh may ask

9. Best of luck mate