U tube

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by seafarer1939, Aug 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not really into U-Tube but just lately I've seen some wonderful clips of new Jazz chords and wonderful interpretations of classic ballads.
    I saved them but they won't play unless I'm on line.
    This is no help when working out the fingering and riffs.
    Can you save a U-Tube clip with a programme that can be viewed later off line? or can you just view U-Tube clips when on line.
    I don't have a Broadband contract as my area is crap just yet,I use a mobile top up so just leaving it running is expensive.thanks if you can.
  2. I believe although I'm not an expert there is software which will help you save a vid off Youtube to your pc. (I could be corrected) Otherwise you can't do it. The only way is to bookmark the address so you can click on it at any time with out having to search for it everytime.
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

There are many applications that allow you to do this, but here is one easy way:

Kiss YouTube offers an easy solution for downloading video clips from YouTube. To download and save a YouTube video clip, just add the word “kiss†to the video URL in your browser address bar and hit 'enter'. And then click on the download link provided to save the video to your computer.

Remember to save your video with *.flv extension so that you can play it with a FLV player.

For example, if your YouTube URL is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiCn6y6JU8o, you can download the video clip by inserting the word “kiss†in front of the youtube.com domain name. Hence the example video URL will become http://www.kissyoutube.com/watch?v=BiCn6y6JU8o
  4. Seafarer

I have various YouTube Videos I've downloaded from YouTube on my mini-laptop.

Just to see how it works, I'm playing one now ....... Robbie Williams hopping about in tiny little trunks singing "Rock DJ" ........ hmm, my morning just got a lot brighter .....

But back to the software, it's RealPlayer. Link here:

5. Thanks for the replies,I'll get onto it.
    I think I'll leave Robbie Williams out of it though,now Peggy Mount in a leotard is more than enough for me,thanks again, there are some smart buggers in these forums!
  6. That lady could have been a GI, mouth like Scarborough Harbour.