Type 45 and Clyde Shipbuilding

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Allnightin, Jul 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An almost reasonable article on the issues about the Type 45 and Clyde shipbuilding is at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...k-for-Scottish-shipbuilders-on-the-Clyde.html apart from the error that the overall programme is for £6.46 Billion while the article (and even worse in the printed version) suggests £6B per ship! It would also have given some perspective if the cost per unit had been estimated for the original 12 ships methinks!

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

For 30 years I've listened to Yarrows & Govan are going down the pan. Friends & family have all worked in the shipbuilders and during that period there has been many peaks & troughs, but one thing has remained constant. The yards are still producing ships for the RN and other navies.

GB stands for "Great Britain", maybe it should be changed to "Gloom Britain" after listening to years of this country is sh1te. :roll:

3. lol at one of the comments , "why do we even have a navy"

4. chrisj09. I think if you read yer man Doug's comments again, you'll see that it was sarcasm. Unfortunately, we see that sort of bollox meant seriously so much these days, the intention was easy to miss.

I think

was the 1st give-away.

5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Yes, he/she have sarcasm off to a tee, "Complete waste of money much better spent on more NHS managers, bank bailouts and housing for immigrants".