TXTSPK

DozyBint

Midshipman
Reading it makes my eyes bleed; deciphering it makes my brain ache. Enough already!
086.gif

ex_wasp_L2

Lantern Swinger
if my beloved daughter sent me a text that I cant understand I send her a message back that says "plse repeat your last but use plain english and not some code" It seemed to work as all I get now are words spelt out in full and are easy to read

DozyBint

Midshipman
ex_wasp_L2, it works the other way with me: my mid-50s mother has embraced txtspk (though in her defence only for texting) so I'm usually to be found speaking the message out loud so that I can grasp the phonetics! :oops:

ex_wasp_L2

Lantern Swinger
yep dozy I have been there and done that it dont half make you look an idiot (or it does me) when the penny drops and you finally understand what it means. just talking in the office and one of the guys said it took him ages to work out m8 like me he figured it was a motorway but then again in this office at 46 Im the youngest

On a similar note:

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs psotnig. In fcat, I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg wehn I frist was snet tihs in an eamil.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe Amzanig huh? I awlyas was tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

SELJUK

War Hero
People sending the text message 'LOL' every five minutes. That and the bloody word 'bless'. Aaaaaggggghhhhhhhh....it make me :pukel:

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Personally I think it's an invention of today’s generation to ensure they aren't caught out because they haven't a clue how to spell properly. Ingenious though!!

SF

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
SELJUK said:
People sending the text message 'LOL' every five minutes. That and the bloody word 'bless'. Aaaaaggggghhhhhhhh....it make me :pukel:
LOL Bless....you should have seen that coming...oh you did ..I'll get me coat. :blush:
NZB

Latest Threads