T'would appear there is a cull in progress!

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by trehorn, Oct 3, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lots of NE's receiving P45's apparently with little / no warning or consultation.

This will undoubtedly release some dead wood however i fear that the apparent lack of consultation may also release some potentially very valuable people who for one reason or another have been unable to make it to Raleigh in the allotted time.

Many of these people will have navigated their way through the painful recruitment process, costing the RN a fortune on the way only to be discarded without proper consultation.

2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Its a job - if you dont turn to, then expect to get fired. Would tesco be so lenient?

3. Let me guess, NE = New Entrant?

4. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

I note this is posted in RNR forum. Do you mean PRs rather than INT? They are got rid of all the time for Med/Security/RT reasons or just not engaging with the process.

I think you'd find many unit COs only too happy to have the numbers if they could...

5. It can't be can it? Otherwise they wouldn't be releasing any 'dead wood'.

6. That's what puzzled me and why I asked.
    The references to being unable to make it to Raleigh and, "Many of these people will have navigated their way through the painful recruitment process, costing the RN a fortune on the way only to be discarded without proper consultation.", did confuse me.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  7. I'm no expert, but suspect it is very well intentioned, but may have implemented a little bit bluntly. Without doubt there are a number of PRs who as soon as they get into a uniform and start getting paid, seem to reduce thier zeal to continue with the recruitment process. I'm not talking about those poor PRs who have medical mountains to climb, but more those who take forever to book and attend medicals and PJFTs. Also, there are a number of NEs who take too long (without decent reasons) to get to RAL.

However, I may be wrong.

8. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Which is stupid, because as any fule no, Days equals Dollars!!!!!!