Two Years Wait For the Outrage Bus (Gay Pride)

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Polycell, Jul 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Well it would depend. Are they attending representing the Navy? If so they can claim if budget approval has been given.

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's about gay and lesbian service personnel being able to claim travel expenses when attending Gay Pride events. Wassup, can't you read? Perhaps those clever Writers can explain it you when you put your CTM in to the UPO this week... :wink:

On a more serious note, this is hardly 'news' as they have been able to do so for some time, providing they attend in uniform in an official capacity (thus, a 'duty trip'). But typically for The Sun, the sensationalist headline and style of journalism rarely tell the full story. But what does hack me off is that this "story" [sic] is in their "Campaigns|Our Boys" section. If The Sun is truly behind 'our boys' then they have to accept that some of them do not get turned on by Page 3 and like to wear colourful clothing (and I'm not talking about members of the Wardroom). The sooner The Sun - and everybody else, for that matter - acknowledges that gays and lesbians have served in the Armed Forces for many, many years then the sooner we can all crack on and concentrate on more important matters... :roll:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. "If the Sun is behind our boys" could have been worded better

4. If I got travel expenses to go to London I'd be quite happy too.

5. Effin hell what next! This story leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

6. I remember my first blow job.

It tasted awful...:thumbright:

7. Yes you are :winkrazz:

8. If thats the case SPB, then any member of the forces traveling home to attend a remembrance day march should be entitled to travel expenses, but guess what, as they are doing off their own back, no chance. This is not a duty event, it is a voluntary parade and has a very large social and political element, therefore they should not be entitled to duty travel.

9. Hasn't this topic been done to death before? Sorry too lazy\buzy to trawl through the archives.

And my take on this? Being a homophobic male I say fcuk 'em .... so to speak.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

If you are representing the RN or Defence then guess what, you get Duty travel (provided budget approval is granted).

11. Given the glorification and OTT-ness of such events it's also somewhat saddening to see the Queen's uniforms involved. (No pun intended, ducky.)Equality/diversity toooo far for this c/s

I can understand les anciens flashing up about Duty Travel for suchlike but it's difficult to escape the impression of positive discrimination.

12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm not feeling the brotherly love in this thread.

In the big scheme of things, paying 50, 100 or however many are going travelling expenses, is hardly going break the bank. Consider it compensation for the years of persecution. They get to meet some new friends and you get to keep the duty.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Very good point wits.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Never looked at it like that matey.
    Yea good luck to them mince with pride thats what I say.
    Perhaps they should be issued with pink tapes for their Nos1s or aren't they called Nos1s these days?

• Like Like x 1
  15. They're still Nos 1's Poly, don't know how many jack and jennies will turn up, it will probably be toppers with crabs plus a few booties in dresses taking the piss.

16. Bob Hope once said ' I live in California where homosexuality is legal, I'm leaving before they make it compulsory'.
    Being gay is ok, I just don't want it rammed down my throat all the time.

17. The RN pay their expenses as it is of value to be seen as a progressive, forward thinking employer. They are representing the RN

It's no different to being paid expenses to represent the service at sport, with the exception that there's less bumming involved.

• Like Like x 4
  18. I think that rather depends on the sport...

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2