Two things

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Random, Jan 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1) As some of you know, I have been a bit of a lurker on here for a while, the lurking has paid off (thanks to everyone who has asked the bone and the not so bone questions) and I passed my AIB this afternoon.

2) Any of my fellow lurkers who were on the boards dated 21-23/01/08 and 22-24/01/08 (I know there are a few of you out there! I saw print outs of bits of the newbies section for cramming aids). Drop me a pm or hit reply if you are feeling brave ... I would like to put alias's to faces.

Cheers

Random

2. Well Done!

3. Nice one Random. Congratulations - and let the fun begin! :highfive:

4. well done Random you will soon be discovering you can eat a Banana with a knife and fork

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hearty congratulations to you.

It's a bit like the "Passed IN" or "Passed OUT" debacle -
    Happy to stand corrected, but I thought the new terminology should be "I was put forward for selection this afternoon"

It's probably rather pedantic, but some "pass" AIB, but don't get "selected". Either way, hope you get selected very soon & have an early entry date. :thumright:

6. You are probably right about the official terminology, however it wasn't used by the board president and yeah I hope I get selected soon as well :thumright:

7. Most of the Board would probably be Lurkers.
    NZB

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Be a Lurk....the world needs Lurks........Or is that Lerts?

9. It looks like I am due a reasonably early entry date (28th April).

On the same day I received the official letter saying I was being put forward for selection, I received another letter saying that I had been offered a place at BRNC (Unfortunately not for E(IS) like I wanted .. but WE is a good second) :w00t:

10. You are told that you "Passed" the AIB, but passing the AIB just means that put forward to MOD (N) for possible selection.

So saying you Passed the AIB is accurate.

Edit to add: I am confused that you were told already that you are in for April, I was always told that the final decisions are not made until six weeks before entry.

11. I'm not surprised that you are confused, the selection process does rather lack clarity.

I would suspect that there will be plenty of chances for them to change their minds about their offer before the 28th April.

12. To all intents and purposes much the same thing nowadays, there are few enough Comms and IS knowledgeable WEs that you can negotiate your career.

Conga rats by the way

13. The first letter is always only provisional. I have spoken to two people who got dropped before being sent their joining instructions, so i don't think a final decision is made until 6 weeks before hand!!

14. What other way is there of eating a banana? :confused:

15. Personally I think one Thing is quite enough for this forum. o_O Do we really want another? :biggrin:

16. Urm ... how about yes? but purely for the educational value :thumright:

17. We'll soon have a RandomThing coming along soon, I'm sure (if there isn't one already)... But enough digression; well done!
    Just need to get my own AIB organised for sometime this decade.

PNG

And now to try and out Norm Norm

18. PMSL :lol: