Twins get marriage annulled

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by TwistedFireStarter, Jan 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I happen to know of a case of an NO (now long deceased) who in his fifties discovered a much younger half-sister of whose existence he had been entirely unaware - arranged to meet her - and had to close the friendship because of the temptation.

2. I wonder if they ever looked at each others birth certificates.
    The mothers name would have been the same, and, unless recently changed UK certificates give a time, as well as a date, when there is a multiple birth.
    But then you don't need a birth cert. to get married.
    Et Voila!

3. No Sussex, my birth certificate gives my birth mother's name. My adoption certificate, the one that I had until I decided to find my birth parents, only shows the names of my adoptive parents. Unless they had decided to trace their birth parents and had s51 counselling they would not have been allowed their birth certificates.

4. I see, and thanks for that.

5. I should warn you all before you start making jokes at these poor people's expense, that when an adopted person goes for s51 counselling they are warned about this, it is called genetic sexual attraction. I can assure you that when I was told about it, it put the fear of god into me.

6. Sorry, I can't help it. It's been amusing the hell out of me all day!

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Why? Is you Brother butt-ugly?!

[​IMG]

8. The Banjo is strong in this thread…

[​IMG]

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Spot on Rosina.

Quite often at AFCO's, when someone is adopted, they only see the adoption Birth Certificate (not the adoption certificate) which, although it has a later issue date, states the individuals adoptive surname, as though there was no prior name. The copy certificate (the small version) doesn't name the natural parents.

The other weird one is that often, if a childs' parents separate & Mum maintains custody, she reverts to her maiden name. If Dads' name is on the child (childrens') original Birth Certificate the the Fathers' signature MUST be on the Change of Name Deed Poll if the child is under 18 & he is still alive. No Fathers' signature on a Deed poll, then the childs' legal name is that initially registered unless (very rare) the Mother has sole legal custody as ordered by the court & has a certificate of proof.

I've lost count the amount of youngsters who join-up only to discover that their legal surname is not what they think it is. They have to sign-on under their LEGAL name, no matter what.

Another tip, for those that don't already know: if your Birth certificate has a time entered next to the date of birth, it means you are one of a multiple birth.

10. Been going on in Cornwall for years "nobody said anything then".

Should start a lively discussion!!!!!!!

11. At least they didn't get so far down the line that they had a child... therapists etc would have had a goldmine for years after!

12. Hardly, as you have it about right!