Turning up to AFCO uninvited

Hello all,

My first post, so apologies if I haven't followed the correct etiquette for posting!

Just wanted to know if it is possible to turn up to my local AFCO without having an appointment?

On the RN website, it does say no appointment is needed for my AFCO, but I'm slightly skeptical of this as (from my experience of doing the RT) I can't imagine people being allowed to stroll up into the building uninvited.

I have tried ringing but can't seem to get through, and this week (as of now) I'm off from work so was thinking of going in whilst I can.

I just need to get clarification on the medical health questionnaire; my personal copy (which is for my eyes only apparently) is nearly entirely different to the one I send back to my AFCO. The purpose of a copy is for it to be the exact same as the original, hence, why I'm so confused. Furthermore, it seems like the personal copy is the one I should really be returning back to the AFCO as it seems to have the information they would want. Lastly, there is nowhere for me to sign on the AFCO copy.

After writing that last paragraph, I now have no idea if I've posted this tread in the correct section; apologies again.

Thanks in advance! :)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Some of the smaller AFCOs run an appointment system but any AFCO should be able to speak to a walk-in enquirer. If it's a one man office it can be a bit hit or miss if the careers adviser is conducting recruit tests or interviews but if the website says no appoinment necessary, just rock-up.

The "Candidate Copy" medical questionnaire is the one you retain to cross reference any conditions listed when you get the triage call.

Some of the smaller AFCOs run an appointment system but any AFCO should be able to speak to a walk-in enquirer. If it's a one man office it can be a bit hit or miss if the careers adviser is on extended weekend from Thursday to Tuesday but if the website says no appoinment necessary, just rock-up.

The "Candidate Copy" medical questionnaire is the one you retain to cross reference any conditions listed when you get the triage call.
Fixed - no charge :D