Turd in the sugar bowl

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Hideous, May 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Myth or pusser's urban legend?

How far back does this story go?

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You spin it and we'll join in... :shock:
  3. If he's one of the old fart's, can you nip round his drum and give him a knock, he might have fell asleep, and we will never know. :D :oops:
  4. As an old piss stained fart, i can confirm that I heard sea stories of varnished turds;- some believed to be royal. Never saw any proof.
  5. London Division RNR, Easter 1982.

Killick Scablifter on loan from one of the CTCs curled one down on the sonar access hatch in the after messdeck during the night alongside in Ramsgate.
  6. Large mess- 2WA2-under the ground run spot.

Part of the messweep's duties was to refill the urn, collect the victuals and ensure that the sugar bowl was always kept toppers.

Before skippers rounds, the Mess LH instructs the sweeps to ensure that tea and coffee cans + millac jug are polished and the sugar bowl emptied and polished. Rather than throw away the sugar, the sweeps stops topping up the aforesaid sugar bowl and a crystallised Richard is eventually discovered lurking at the bottom of the bowl.

Since the last skippers rounds, none of the sweeps had bothered to empty the bowl, just topped it up.

No one admitted laying the cable and I don't take sugar so I didn't care. :lol:
  7. Was on the Belfast in the late 60s when it was reserve fleet and we had a stoker from the royal yacht trying to flog us a turd in a bag saying it was passed by the Queen.
  8. 8O Roll it in flour, batter lightly til crispy golden brown. Serve.
  9. With chocolate custard, I presume.
  10. Back in 64 we had an old three badge stoker.he was of ww2 vintage (old)
    He was the era's messman.He used to make a sarnie before he went ashore for when he came back .One night the sarnies he made were exchanged fot shite which he dully ate when he came back .I dont think he ever knew about it either
  11. Never served on a Ley class inshore minehunter then?