Turbulent cleared of Trawler Sinking

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by trelawney126, Jan 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That'll piss the frogs off!

2. Everything pisses of the Frogs, Does remind me of the time we were exercising with the Trenchant when the trawler Antares suck, not a good day[h=1][/h]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  3. I was up there on another T boat at the time, we were told not to take the piss out of them when they walked into Neptune SR's bar..like that was going to stop us :grin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rock on, we bore the brunt of the trawler men bringing wreckage from the trawler to us, calling us all the names under the sun, again, not a good day

5. Boats are always easy to blame, when the Pescado went down the owner said the black paint on the side was indicative of a submarine hitting it. When it was raised and brought into Guzz dockyard we bimbled over to have a look at it. The liferaft was lashed to the deck and the release gear (which wouldn't have worked anyway) was rusted up to buggery.

The owners got done for manslaughter

Drowned crew `left to sink or swim' Trawler crew `sent to their deaths' - News - The Independent

6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Back in the day the OOW had to keep the 'Fishing Vessel Log' to head off spurious claims from fisher folk that we had cut their nets etc. Now what was the name of the trawler that sank in the Arctic .. and the bereaved kept up a song and dance about the RN but when it was raised everyone could see that the forward hatch had not been secured in a seamanlike manner .. ? All about can I touch the Govt for compo.

7. Avoided all that, leave on draft 1500 that afternoon.

8. I was on Trenchant as a Pt3 POMEA at the time. We were told not to say anything going inboard, jumped into a fast black to head to the delights of Helensburgh and the 1st thing the driver asked us was: 'are you lads off the sub that sunk the trawler' so much for a news blackout

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I knew there was a reason why we filled in those logboards in pencil. To correct those mistakes.