Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turbulent cleared of Trawler Sinking

0G1N

Lantern Swinger
That'll piss the frogs off!

Everything pisses of the Frogs, Does remind me of the time we were exercising with the Trenchant when the trawler Antares suck, not a good day[h=1][/h]

Last edited:

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Everything pisses of the Frogs, Does remind me of the time we were exercising with the Trenchant when the trawler Antares suck, not a good day

I was up there on another T boat at the time, we were told not to take the piss out of them when they walked into Neptune SR's bar..like that was going to stop us :grin:

0G1N

Lantern Swinger
I was up there on another T boat at the time, we were told not to take the piss out of them when they walked into Neptune SR's bar..like that was going to stop us :grin:

Rock on, we bore the brunt of the trawler men bringing wreckage from the trawler to us, calling us all the names under the sun, again, not a good day

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Boats are always easy to blame, when the Pescado went down the owner said the black paint on the side was indicative of a submarine hitting it. When it was raised and brought into Guzz dockyard we bimbled over to have a look at it. The liferaft was lashed to the deck and the release gear (which wouldn't have worked anyway) was rusted up to buggery.

The owners got done for manslaughter

Drowned crew `left to sink or swim' Trawler crew `sent to their deaths' - News - The Independent

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Back in the day the OOW had to keep the 'Fishing Vessel Log' to head off spurious claims from fisher folk that we had cut their nets etc. Now what was the name of the trawler that sank in the Arctic .. and the bereaved kept up a song and dance about the RN but when it was raised everyone could see that the forward hatch had not been secured in a seamanlike manner .. ? All about can I touch the Govt for compo.

Topstop

War Hero

Avoided all that, leave on draft 1500 that afternoon.

BusterQuin

War Hero
I was on Trenchant as a Pt3 POMEA at the time. We were told not to say anything going inboard, jumped into a fast black to head to the delights of Helensburgh and the 1st thing the driver asked us was: 'are you lads off the sub that sunk the trawler' so much for a news blackout

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I knew there was a reason why we filled in those logboards in pencil. To correct those mistakes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Now the former TURBULENT CO adds his advice on surviving lockdown. Submariners 19
soleil Mens Health: "The Crew Of HMS Turbulent Stay Fit In The World’s Smallest Gym" Submariners 4
MoD_RSS HMS Turbulent serenaded home by Military Wives Choir Current Affairs 0
soleil Herald: "Military Wives Choir Sing HMS Turbulent Home" Submariners 13
MoD_RSS Turbulent leads joint UK-Indian exercise Current Affairs 0
A Channel 5 - Royal Navy Submarine Mission - 5th September 2011 - 2000 - HMS Turbulent Submariners 139
soleil Navy News: "Turbulent Times In The Middle East" Submariners 0
Seaweed HMS Turbulent's new scran The Quarterdeck 1
soleil Navy News Not All Quiet On The Heston Front Aboard Turbulent Submariners 3
S HMS Turbulent launch Submariners 6
soleil Navy News: "Turbulent Times in Cheshire" Submariners 10
soleil Channel 5 - Mean Machines - HMS Turbulent Submariners 9
soleil Plymouth Herald reporting HMS Turbulent "leak" Submariners 0
S HMS Turbulent Submariners 20
MoD_RSS Cellnex’s purchase of Arqiva cleared by CMA after thorough review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Merger between betting firms cleared by the CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Payment software deal cleared by CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Magazine and tech sites merger to be cleared if concerns overcome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS LN-Gaiety’s purchase of MCD cleared by CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pharmaceutical merger cleared by CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pub merger to be cleared if local concerns overcome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major demolition milestone at HS2’s Old Oak Common site as Great Western sheds cleared MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Aer Lingus / CityJet deal cleared for take-off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Illegally dumped waste at Redbrook Lane cleared MoD News 0
R Seeking 5 Cleared Electrical/HW Testing Engineers The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: F-35 jet and new batch of UK pilots cleared for Carrier take-off, Defence... MoD News 2
Sgt Jobsearch DV Cleared Green Badge - Data Cabling Engineer in Cheltenham The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob SC Cleared Repair Manager - Bristol - £300 per day The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Seadog Nigel Evans Cleared Current Affairs 6
soleil Herald: "4x4 Bumper Among Beach Debris Cleared By Royal Navy" Bases / Shore Est 12
soleil Japan Times: "SDF Engine Parts [Kawasaki] Cleared For Export To British Navy" The Fleet 2
C Senior Project Manager, DV Cleared, London, £60k pa+ ASAP Start The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: DV Cleared Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: SC Cleared Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: SC and DV Cleared Vacancies The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop SC Cleared - DATA INPUT - ADMININSTRATOR - HEATHROW The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Project Manager - SC Cleared (Submarine & Naval/Maritime) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: DV Cleared Security IT Professionals Required – South West The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: DV Cleared IT Professionals Required – South West The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Project Manager - SC Cleared (Submarine & Naval/Maritime) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Environmental Management Consultants (SC Cleared) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: x3 2nd Line Support Engineers - SC Cleared The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Service Delivery Manager (SC Cleared) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Desktop Rollout Engineer - DV Cleared The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: DV Cleared Senior Project Manager / PRINCE2 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
sgtpepperband MoD worker cleared over hi-tech sales Current Affairs 5
O Various Security Cleared Posts The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
F Already SC cleared... do I need to do the forms again? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
slim The judge cleared of flashing may face new quiz Diamond Lil's 5
P "Peace Protesters" Cleared of all charges Current Affairs 10