TTV casting for survival/adventure documentary

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by transparenttv, Mar 21, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Transparent Television is currently looking for an inspiring individual to front an adventure / endurance documentary. The documentary will be in the vein of ‘Born Survivor’ (with Bear Grylls), ‘Dual Survival’ (with Dave Canterbury and Cody Lundin), ‘Naked and Marooned’ (with Ed Stafford). It could be that this individual has already undertaken a challenge and is now looking for a new one – with an idea in mind, or it could be that their career or previous job makes them suitable for a unique/big adventure. We’d really like to hear from anyone with a background in engineering, or works with machinery, which can give the challenge a unique perspective. Please contact Alexandra Ruhl or Richard Hughes on 0207 7043320.

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Ay Caramba!

I wonder if Jazz has the same problem as Jenny?

3. I'll do it but only if I get to drink some piss.

I love Bear Grylls.

• Like Like x 1
  4. witsend

Just to make it clear for anyone reading, 'not his own'.

That might have been before 2DD.

5. witsend

I bagsy stunt director.

I will warn you 2DD, it is going to hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pusser Island.

Basically 10 matelots on an island, with an oil tanker full of lager, a party pack of Harry Black Maskers and the contents from an FRPP.

That's it. It would be entertaining as ****.

• Like Like x 1
  7. witsend

Pusser Island could be a social experiment.

5 males and 5 females with only one rule, no touching. Throw in some celebrity ex matlows like Andy Bell from Erasure for a visit and bukake, I mean karaoke.
    Ed china shows the lads how to fix that boat engine and get the **** off the island. Gok can have fashion tips for the girls using palm leaves. Ramsey can get taught how to cook a cheesy hammy eggy's and none of that shite he normally dishes up.
    And of course Bear tries to parachute in whilst dodging machine gun fire from beaches.

You're onto something there 2DD!

8. Little sis is a TV producer, I'll mention it to her, she's always looking for the next TV blockbuster :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

9. witsend

I'm currently remaking the blockbuster classic Jaws. It seems the shark has went deep.

She's free to use any of my ideas as long as I get a mention on the credits.

10. Once shes finished Dragons Dens I'll let her know. :)

11. Mega.

Except for one part, Gok Wan was in the RAF, not the RN, he'd just gay it all up. He was an SAC in the Tactical Supply Wing, good lad by all accounts.

By a bizarre twist of celebrity fate, Flt Lt Graham Norton was his DO.

• Like Like x 1
  12. This would be believable until you mentioned DO! :)

13. witsend

Is that an offer to rock up and pitch my ideas?

14. Whatever the crabs call DOs then. I'm not clued up on that sort of thing. The only real dealings I've had with the RAF was when I had to go to Northolt once to pick up some stuff from stores.

The storemen were two Corporals called Ant and Dec.

(They're gay right?)

Right pair of jokers, but shady as ****. They were both eventually booted out via Colchester for running dodgy deals out of the stores. By all accounts some pretty serious fraud was committed, they were ripping the MOD off for thousands, writing off gear and selling out the back door.

It was only because Dec tried moving onto bigger things and upped the game by trying to sell rapier missiles to the Nigerians. Otherwise they had a tidy little scam going on.

I got some Tornado nose cone paint from them.

15. I also read in Jane's that many RAF aircraft are actually named after gay sexual acts.

Trust me you don't want to know what Spitfiring and Nimrodding are.

And Hercules was a legendary male stripper at the Cranwell branch of chariots. So well adored and loved was he, that the RAF named a plane after him.

16. witsend

So 'chocks away' has a completely different meaning.

Well I never!

17. I'm going up to watch filming in April, I'll ask bruiser Bannatyne!! :)

p.s. crabs have/had flight commanders.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  18. witsend

Aye, Gok would be pants. How about Alan Carr with the added bonus that catering **** up and don't get twist offs. He can easily open all the beer bottles.

19. Aye, but all these celebs are ex RAF not RN wits.

Alan Carr was a chef in the officers mess at RAF Scampton, but I heard he only banged in a year before jacking.

Stephen Fry was the base commander at the time and that bloke from Bronski Beat was one of the RAF coppers who manned the main gate.

• Like Like x 1
  20. witsend

How about one of our 'distinguished' gents rock up with a barrel of rum. They all sit around the camp fire in a segment called 'When I was in the Andrew'. Classy shots from Pathe to go along with the dits.

Winner!