Trying to join - fight against the medical

Hello,

So I went through the application process last year and I was told that I couldn't join (medically unfit) due to having "eczema". I was told that after 3 years of being clear I could try and apply again.

So I emailed the AFCO to see when I could start again as it will be 3 years next September and I can start the application process in April/May.

However, I got a call the other day asking me to discuss my eczema and if I could bring the letter from my Doctor..... does anybody know why they want to see it again? I'm going into my drs to get another letter done so I can show that I still don't have it.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and whether they will try and appeal it again or?

Hello,

So I went through the application process last year and I was told that I couldn't join (medically unfit) due to having "eczema". I was told that after 3 years of being clear I could try and apply again.

So I emailed the AFCO to see when I could start again as it will be 3 years next September and I can start the application process in April/May.

However, I got a call the other day asking me to discuss my eczema and if I could bring the letter from my Doctor..... does anybody know why they want to see it again? I'm going into my drs to get another letter done so I can show that I still don't have it.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and whether they will try and appeal it again or?
I think you may have answered your own question.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Generally speaking, you have to be three years clear of visually apparent eczema (assuming it is eczema).

If you have evidence to the contrary then an appeal may sometimes be worth a shot but beware falling into the trap of saying something like, "it's not eczema, it's an allergy to bee stings/nuts/shellfish/etc.," because that wiull be an end of the road scenario.