Trying to help my friend

Discussion in 'Charity' started by Ja5on, Nov 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. She has sent me this question to see if I could find some answers but this is well beyond me. Do any of you guys and girls know about this?

What are the financial benefits of adopting a charity, tax benefits, etc. I’m writing a presentation and I don’t have a clue! I’ve got to present in interview to the CEO and Vice Chair, the trustee for Public Relations & Marketing for a charity and I’ve got to deliver a faux presentation to a company that would convince them that supporting is a good idea.

Many thanks for your help, medium amount of detail require for a snappy delivery. Obviously I might need a bit more detail if they start asking questions.
  2. Ja5on? Friend?

3. What friends do you have? Imaginary, family or pets don't count, that will be none for you then.

5. Jason,

Sometimes I really can do ‘serious’. This is a sometime occasion, so please listen up:

Friends? If you were a REAL friend of that person then you would be doing a fair bit of Googling and researching yourself to help her out.
    Instead, you have slapped the problem up on here; expecting some kind RR’ers to do your research for you whilst you flit and mince around from thread to thread.

Result? Everyone and his dog notices what an instantly-responding-attention-seeking person you seem to be and perhaps are. Are you still with me so far?

My Friends? Were I to inform each of MY friends about ‘Ja5on’ they would have to be added to that long, and daily increasing, list of those of us at RR who have already formed an opinion of you (and who are probably alarmed at the prospect of your forthcoming RN entry, even if may only be into the Fleet Air Arm – who, incidentally, sometimes DO venture out to sea.)

Ja5on, I note that you appear to have learned quite a fair bit from RR very recently, ie:

Who King Canute really was, after you apparently Googled ‘Cnut’ and then thought that the Wiki etc spellings indicated some sort of wind-up:

What the initials ‘GCB’ represent.

The curious difference between Seniors (Service-type) and Seniors (Civilian-ASDA Customers).

The significance of the Poppy as Ninja’s Avatar

Despite plunging in with your own interpretation of the ‘Naval banter’ at RR, IMO you do still seem have an awful lot to learn (RN*, FAA, the need to engage your brain before communicating, dispensing ‘advice’ etc. etc.) As you should know by now, real help is always available for your genuine inquiries.

So Ja5on - I suggest that your very next aim should be to start winding your neck in by a few round turns and keeping your little pinkies at some safer distance from the keyboard ‘Enter’ button. Until that aim is achieved the very sight of ‘Ja5on’ (thick-skinned - to quote your own recent words) on any RR thread is guaranteed to merely create bemusement and boredom, whilst continuing to attract mainly negative replies.

Going on your previous form, I understand you will find it difficult to avoid making some kind of petty, irrelevant knee-jerk reaction to this post. I suggest that you try to avoid that reaction by reading this TWICE through - Then consider very carefully how you are representing yourself at RR.

Must dash, other matters are demanding my time & attention; but I really hope that, today at least, my time has not been completely wasted on you.

*If Ja5on, or indeed anyone else, is really intent on learning about the RN one very rich source is at ‘The Naval Review’ (1913 to 1998)

Reams of back volumes are on PDF here:

PS Original Question? Back into Ja5on's lap. It may keep him off RR for a wee while.
  6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Bob, you could have PM'd me that post and I would have condensed it to 3 words for you. :wink:
  7. Bob - :worship:
  8. Surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher.

9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Geoff Capes?