True or false?

Can someone please clear up something for me. Having a bit of a "discussion" here after watching
Channel 4's documentary "The Plane Crash". I'm telling everyone who'll listen that I flew CrabAir
on several occasions in VC-10's and the seats faced BACKWARDS. They say I'm talking bollocks.
I'm sure I am correct. Anyone else out there ever fly via CrabAir facing the other way?
If I'm wrong - I'll be wetting the fu**ing tea all night. Cheers. B.N.M.

wet_blobby

War Hero
Yep, VC 10's had backward facing seats (all the passenger ones). If memory serves it was because the angle of the take off was so steep.

Flew backwards from UK to USA, when I asked, I was told it was the safest way to face if the plane had to do a crash landing as you were braced by the seat and not a lap belt?:???::judge:

Yep, always flew backwards on Crab Air. Unless it was on a Hercy Bird!!

Remember getting woken up every couple of hours for the compulsory anti-dehydration orange squash?

Shake, shake, shake........'Would you like a drink Sir?'

(Wipes dribble from mouth) 'No thanks'

'WOULD YOU LIKE A DRINK SIR?'

'Oh, OK then!'

Yep, always flew backwards on Crab Air. Unless it was on a Hercy Bird!!

Remember getting woken up every couple of hours for the compulsory anti-dehydration orange squash?

Shake, shake, shake........'Would you like a drink Sir?'

(Wipes dribble from mouth) 'No thanks'

'WOULD YOU LIKE A DRINK SIR?'

'Oh, OK then!'
I think that's in their sadistic nature, wait until you fall asleep then find an excuse to wake you up, just to make sure your jet lag really kicks in?

Flew crabair back from the states and we faced backwards, spookily the female crab air attendant looked like the plane had backed into her face!

Cant remember which way we were facing, but remember the seat was like a garden chair with straps and the flight attendant bod was a mincer, we took coke cans filled with Vodka on and got pissed, he had a hissey fit.

Flew back from Gib on a Comet and some were back facing and some forward facing and a table in between. Just saying like.

VC 10 Set up for VIP.

As we knew it, onc it was half filled with cargo which we ha to climb over to get to our seats.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BillyNoMates Diamond Lil's 4
SONAR-BENDER The Quarterdeck 5
H The Gash Barge 9